muscle/fat loss

Options
hey everyone!
I've been doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and it seems like I'm not loosing any fat, but gaining a lot of muscle especially in my arms! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to burn arm fat without gaining a lot of muscle mass? I feel like my arms are getting huge!

Replies

• liquidsnape
    Options
    you are probably losing fat but not in the areas you want to at first. just keep what you are doing, cut back on working the arms if you feel too big there.
  • brookelyn2030
    brookelyn2030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I don't know if this contributes to it, but I've noticed my arms are alot smaller from when I started - I've been doing push ups once a week (total 75 pushups) and lots of cardio - jumping jacks and arm thrusts (arms up in the air and then down to your sides repeatedly) while your running in place really gets those arms burning, and the cross traiin elliptical machine is great.
  • waxon81
    waxon81 Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    You cant spot reduce fat. You will find that the more your body fat percentage drops the more your arms will reduce, but I guess your arms are the equivalent of my stubborn tummy fat, or some people's hips/thighs, and it just doesnt seem to want to go. As you gain muscle you will lose the fat quicker anyway. Thing is, just stick at it, persistence pays
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    thanks guys! I hope my arms start getting smaller soon... Its so frustrating!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!
    I've been doing Jillian Michaels ripped in 30 and it seems like I'm not loosing any fat, but gaining a lot of muscle especially in my arms! Does anyone have any tips or suggestions to burn arm fat without gaining a lot of muscle mass? I feel like my arms are getting huge!

Don't stop your arm works out! Continue doing them. Sure it looks big, but that's just muscle hidden under a layer of fat and skin. In order to lose that fat, you need to monitor your calorie consumption. You need to be on a calorie deficit, meaning eating under your maintenance calories. Spot burning is a myth, hopefully you've thrown that out of the window a long time ago. Maintain your weight training that will help maximize calories burned, strengthen your muscles, and tone. You will not gain huge muscles like men, I can guarantee that. Unless your taking AAS, or any other muscle enhancing drugs. Have patience, go on a calorie deficit, maintain your weight training. And you WILL see fat loss.
  • ncsubeachgirl
    ncsubeachgirl Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    hey everyone!

Don't stop your arm works out! Continue doing them. Sure it looks big, but that's just muscle hidden under a layer of fat and skin. In order to lose that fat, you need to monitor your calorie consumption. You need to be on a calorie deficit, meaning eating under your maintenance calories. Spot burning is a myth, hopefully you've thrown that out of the window a long time ago. Maintain your weight training that will help maximize calories burned, strengthen your muscles, and tone. You will not gain huge muscles like men, I can guarantee that. Unless your taking AAS, or any other muscle enhancing drugs. Have patience, go on a calorie deficit, maintain your weight training. And you WILL see fat loss.

thanks! That's just what I needed to hear! I know fat loss is supposed to be an overall thing and there is no such thing as spot burning, but it just seemed like I was loosing fat everywhere but my arms... I'm eating about 1200 cal a day and thinking of lowering it to 1100... It gets frustrating when you dont get the results you want