Recommend a treadmill for home use

Options
Until a few weeks ago, I had NEVER in my life been able to run a mile. Well, I crossed that bridge just in August and have found it very beneficial to weight loss. I do at least 2 mile runs 3 times a week on a treadmill and am starting to enjoy it. I'm planning a 5K run later in the month.

So... I'm thinking about buying a treadmill for my home - it would help with time management vs. going to the gym.

Can anyone recommend a good one? Obviously, inexpensive is good, but if I need to, I'd pay extra for a 'good one'. Can anyone recommend any brands/models? How much should I be looking to spend on a decent one? So many questions!!

Any and all advice appreciated. :)

Replies

• jmelyan23
    jmelyan23 Posts: 1,664 Member
    Options
    I've been contemplating getting a treadmill too. I'd like to hear the answer to this. :)
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    We have a LiveStrong and LOVE it!!! :) We bought it at ****s Sporting goods. They had 3 at the time and we got the highest end one..totally worth the money
  • Brownski860
    Brownski860 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    1st, set a budget. I did ALOT of research and went to many places. My budget was between $1000-1500. I had purchased a Nordic Track treadmill from Sears and the delivery/set up guys were HORRIBLE. I told them to take it all back and I marched into the store demanding a refund, which i got. I ended up buying a Proform Treadmill from Olympia Sports. it has 12 speeds and 12 incline. I wanted something that I could plug my Ipod into. It also has the option for iFit if I wanted that. The motor is 3.2 i believe. You definetly dont need a 4 but stay away from 2-2.5 motors. I liked the 3's better. The service at Olypmia was fantastic. Highly recommend them. Love my treadmill, I have had it since April and use it daily.
    Best of luck in your purchase and if you have any other questions, feel free to ask!!
  • RAQUELINATOVAR
    RAQUELINATOVAR Posts: 221 Member
    Options
    i got mine off craigslist for $20 and it works great. Also, i like to play poker on facebook while i'm on it. keeps me busy and the time goes by super fast.
  • donrdon
    donrdon Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Recommend checking out Nordic track web site. They've got some great machines and great prices. Just picked up a C1750. It has iFit live built in, 15 incline (also a 3' decline). The warranty (and trust me it is one of the most important things to consider) is one of the best I've seen.Lifetime on deck and motor, 5yrs on all parts and electronics and 2yrs labour. My last treadmill burned out the circuit board in just over the first year, they wanted over $450 to replace......result, new treadmill!! What ever machine you decide on, you'll love having one at home.