New tattoo!! (potentially explicit/offensive)

Options
2»

Replies

• SkateboardFi
    SkateboardFi Posts: 1,322 Member
    Options
    YES KEEP IT MOIST!

:laugh:

sorry...
  • Hj723
    Hj723 Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    No poly whatever! LOL... Call your artist. Honestly.... they know!
  • ♥Faerie♥
    ♥Faerie♥ Posts: 14,053 Member
    Options
    I have used aquaphor on all my tats, never had any problems.....in my experience though, and advice from my artist, I don't "slather" it on, but put a very thin coat on, you don't want to suffocate it! I know if you do this, especially with a colored tat, that it can actually make the colors fade out....
    I will let mine "dry out" a bit, which I have found helps them to heal faster, when they start to get a bit itchy, I will put aquaphor on it.....this is what works for me.....
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Nice tat..wasn't offensive (couldn't see anything)..and rub it with tat cream or beeswax.
  • Bankman1989
    Bankman1989 Posts: 1,116 Member
    Options
    Nice tat..wasn't offensive (couldn't see anything)..and rub it with tat cream or beeswax.
  • channa007
    channa007 Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    Wear sweat pants. Yes you want to put the A&D lotion on it to keep it most. No tanning for at least two weeks but more like 4 weeks.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Love all the talk about how to care for it yet not specific...

Nice ink!

For the first 2 weeks, I have found, with my 12 tats, that using Aquaphor twice a day is better than A&D ointment. I have not used Tatwax, which was mentioned previously, so I cannot say yea no nay on it. After that, Lotion for another week. Prefereably Nothing with Vitamin E. Advanced Healing from Curel works great.

MORE INK!