Thinagain

Options
Has anyone heard of this? I ran across it on a website and while I've never been a fan of "diet pills" I thought it sounded interesting. They say they are all-natural and organic (too good to be true?). Anyways, just wondering if anyone knew anything about it!

Replies

• gmeisner
    Options
    I have been overweight most of my life and have asked my doctor many times about many types of pills. She has never advised taking any pills to assist with weight loss. She was right about several that ended up causing heart problems, etc. Whether we like it or not, eating less, eating the right types of foods, and exercising more is all that can help with weight loss unless you intend to have surgery.
  • hrobinson416
    hrobinson416 Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I, personally, would advise against a diet pill. You dont need a diet pill...you just need to stay on track and get healthy :-)
  • linda1243
    linda1243 Posts: 166
    Options
    just be careful if you try it. All natural and organic still has side affects. Certain herbs actually thin your blood and lessen your ability to clot. If you do decide to try them, make sure you list them as "medicines" that you are taking so your doctor is aware!
  • withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    "All natural" doesn't necessarily mean 100% safe. Poisonous mushrooms found in the woods are 100% natural and organic too, when you think about it!

This particular product might be safe, and it may or may not work, but the label "all natural/ organic" isn't an automatic safe guarantee. So beware...
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Sounds interesting, but old fashion is the best way to go. I don't discourage diet pills, and supplements within those lines. But you just have to do some homework on finding out which ones would work best for you.

As always, follow a calorie deficit and incorporate exercise. And your golden!
  • laurasnyder411
    laurasnyder411 Posts: 172 Member
    Options
    This is a really good point!