wanting to pig out

Options
I am fighting the urge to pig out. I know where my hubby has hidden his cookies, and candies, and the chocolate.....why does this have to be so difficult? I know I want to stuff my face because I have been restricting in a major way the past few days, and yesterday I forced myself to eat almost all of my calories. That was not as easy as it sounds, and I feel bad because of it, like I screwed up, and I didn't go to the gym today because Saturday is my rest day (work is too long on Sat for me to go to the gym). I don't know where I "fit in" in this diet thing. I am overweight, but I also have such an easy tendency to fall back into my old patterns. I just don't know what to do. Why is it that I only know how to restrict what I eat, binge and purge or just plain binge but i can't eat like a normal person? I was hoping that knowing my calories would help me stay "safe" because I could eat all of that without feeling guilty. Instead, each day I want to eat less than the day before, and exercise more.

Replies

• hairprincess
    Options
    I am fighting the urge to pig out. I know where my hubby has hidden his cookies, and candies, and the chocolate.....why does this have to be so difficult? I know I want to stuff my face because I have been restricting in a major way the past few days, and yesterday I forced myself to eat almost all of my calories. That was not as easy as it sounds, and I feel bad because of it, like I screwed up, and I didn't go to the gym today because Saturday is my rest day (work is too long on Sat for me to go to the gym). I don't know where I "fit in" in this diet thing. I am overweight, but I also have such an easy tendency to fall back into my old patterns. I just don't know what to do. Why is it that I only know how to restrict what I eat, binge and purge or just plain binge but i can't eat like a normal person? I was hoping that knowing my calories would help me stay "safe" because I could eat all of that without feeling guilty. Instead, each day I want to eat less than the day before, and exercise more.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Tell yourself over and over - This body is the greatest gift I have been given. Becaue without it you could do nothing. Feeding it too little is just a way to hurt yourself and you want to get healthy not hurt yourself. <<HUGS>> and :heart:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • alf1163
    alf1163 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    Don't be so harsh on yourself!!! Give yourself time to make changes. It does not happen in a few days, not even a few months. One day at a time. Believe it or not, your way of eating and your feelings towards food are very normal. I struggle every day. But I also know it can be done, little by little. You don't have to restrict yourself from everything. You can eat anything you want as long as it is in moderation. And eat more of the good for you foods vs the not so good for you...and if you need some comfort foods control your portions or modify them. Look for healthier recipes/versions of what you like to eat. Also drink lots of water, that can help. Good luck to you. You can do it!!! :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    This doesn't happen overnight. You have to learn, train yourself to eat in moderation. After that you will be able to eat cookies, chocolate. But you won't stuff yourself on them.
    For me the more I tell myself I can't have something the more I want it. That's were moderation comes in.
    You can do this, but don't expect it to happen quick. Everyday is a new day and everday is another day to practice.
  • Mattysmomma
    Options
    I did actually kinda pig out today! :bigsmile: But I have been working out 6 days a week. So hopefully it doesnt total mess up my diet....

Michelle
  • hairprincess
    Options
    Thanks to everyone who replied. I made it through and didn't pig out. I had two cups of diet hot coco to help ward off my need to binge and eventually my hubby got home. Which meant I wouldn't binge. Yay! I know that things take time, and that I can learn to eat normal....I'm also torn between being glad and sad that there are other people out there that understand how this feels. Either way, I am glad for the support, it really helped to read what was written back. :smile:

On a positive note, I am feeling better today. I have a lot of stuff to do, though, so I know it will be hard to binge when I am keeping busy!