my favorite not-just-for-breakfast meal

Options
steel cut oatmeal (I use the quick cook kind from trader joes) prepared as directed
2 tbs of natural peanutbutter
1/4 to 1/2 cup frozen blueberries. (or any frozen fruit)

Mix all together while hot and enjoy. It tastes like a peanutbutter and jelly sammich!

It's also super filling and lasts all through to lunch with no problems. about 370 calories.

what's your favorite go-to meal?

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    I love this, but I put in banana. :D
  • idiocracy
    idiocracy Posts: 275 Member
    Options
    french fries - ha ha!!! sad, but true. but the kind my mom makes, she makes them like steak fries, throws in an egg, puts in a sausage and adds some crumbled feta cheese...oh, wait, maybe that's why i'm on MFP :)))))))
  • tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    french fries - ha ha!!! sad, but true. but the kind my mom makes, she makes them like steak fries, throws in an egg, puts in a sausage and adds some crumbled feta cheese...oh, wait, maybe that's why i'm on MFP :)))))))

Haha...that sounds amazing!
  • lilsnowbird
    Options

LMAO....you had me until you said "oh wait maybe that is why I am on MFP" ..... I am a total french fry freak.....
  • idiocracy
    Options

LMAO....you had me until you said "oh wait maybe that is why I am on MFP" ..... I am a total french fry freak.....
    I was serious, my mom actually made these as a child. I miss them, but remembering I need to work out for a week to shed THOSE calories makes them less tasty :)
  • lilsnowbird
    Options

I was serious, my mom actually made these as a child. I miss them, but remembering I need to work out for a week to shed THOSE calories makes them less tasty :)

Oh I knew you were serious.....I meant you had me wanting to eat them until you said that then I realized I didn't want them that bad....lol
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    The oatmeal sounds really good....and I'm so gonna try it! I've traded my morning sausage biscuit for mcdonalds new oatmeal and I was surprised at how good it was.....tried to make it at home and FAIL lol So I will eventually learn to make it.
  • idiocracy
    Options
    The oatmeal sounds really good....and I'm so gonna try it! I've traded my morning sausage biscuit for mcdonalds new oatmeal and I was surprised at how good it was.....tried to make it at home and FAIL lol So I will eventually learn to make it.
    I don't know how healthy they are, but have you tried those 100 calories oatmeal packages from Quaker? They come in different flavors and they taste much better than anything I would make...and just in the microwave :)