You know you've lost weight when...

Options
Raf702
Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
-I have to shop for new clothes, jeans, pants, dress clothes, new wardrobe! Yes it does get pricey! Lol
-When your family goes from telling you, "your gaining weight" to "your losing too much weight" Lol
-Can I see your abs! Wow, Lol.
-What exercise routine you follow? What do you eat?
-Do you take steroids? LOL, funniest, while flattering, but no I don't use it.
....plus many more!

There is an indescribable satisfaction you feel when you've reached your desired goal. All that blood, sweat, tears, hunger, etc. All those stressful days counting calories, hitting the gym, or even getting out of bed just to finish another day of diet and exercise has paid off. It's made you into a whole new positive person, you look in the mirror and say, wow I can't believe what I'm seeing. For everyone whose experienced this or going through this, please chime in! We are all hear to help motivate each other and live a healthy fun lifestyle that we all deserve. Cheers!

Replies

• tnic86
    tnic86 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Don't you love it when people ask, "what have you been doing?" Greatest feeling ever!
  • Getting_Fit_4_Life
    Getting_Fit_4_Life Posts: 401 Member
    Options
    Yay!!! Well done!! I hope to be there soon! Congrats on all your hard work :))
  • sweetiebelle
    sweetiebelle Posts: 332 Member
    Options
    That's so true
  • Raf702
    Options
    Don't you love it when people ask, "what have you been doing?" Greatest feeling ever!

Ego booster, and people recognize the hard work you've put in.= Exercises even harder! Lol
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    You get picked up frequently...

I'm short, so a lot of times my husband picks me up and carries me around, and then the other day I was at the beach and my guy friend picked me up and literally threw me into the freezing water. Good times xD

Oh and definitely CONGRATZ TO YOU!!
  • Lydialane
    Options
    -I have to shop for new clothes, jeans, pants, dress clothes, new wardrobe! Yes it does get pricey! Lol
    -When your family goes from telling you, "your gaining weight" to "your losing too much weight" Lol
    -Can I see your abs! Wow, Lol.
    -What exercise routine you follow? What do you eat?
    -Do you take steroids? LOL, funniest, while flattering, but no I don't use it.
    ....plus many more!

There is an indescribable satisfaction you feel when you've reached your desired goal. All that blood, sweat, tears, hunger, etc. All those stressful days counting calories, hitting the gym, or even getting out of bed just to finish another day of diet and exercise has paid off. It's made you into a whole new positive person, you look in the mirror and say, wow I can't believe what I'm seeing. For everyone whose experienced this or going through this, please chime in! We are all hear to help motivate each other and live a healthy fun lifestyle that we all deserve. Cheers!
    Omg, i had to buy new clothes these last two weeks and my pants are already sort of baggy on me. but I think I've spent close to 400$ on new clothing. and my mom keeps asking if I'm anorexic. lol
  • Raf702
    Options
    Yay!!! Well done!! I hope to be there soon! Congrats on all your hard work :))

You will! Believe in yourself. Forget what anyone says, only you can make your world go round!
  • Lydialane
    Options

I'm short, so a lot of times my husband picks me up and carries me around, and then the other day I was at the beach and my guy friend picked me up and literally threw me into the freezing water. Good times xD

OMG Everyone has been picking me up lately. It's such a magically wonderful feeling. I love it. But I keep worrying that I'm still too heavy to lift.
  • Amy911Gray
    Amy911Gray Posts: 685 Member
    Options
    Talking to some old friends tonight...one of them was talking about a diet that had you eating only 500 calories a day. She said that the weight comes off very fast and you only stay on the diet for 30 days at a time.

My thought is---what about all of the loose skin?

Oh, and my friends, especially the one I've known the longest--was very impressed. She's seen me kinda healthy and all the way down in the dumps depressed.

Wish I would have thought about doing this sooner...but now the time and MFP is the place!!!!!!! :)
  • Raf702
    Options
    Omg, i had to buy new clothes these last two weeks and my pants are already sort of baggy on me. but I think I've spent close to 400$ on new clothing. and my mom keeps asking if I'm anorexic. lol

I know that feeling! I think I've spent a few hundred on pants/jeans alone. Yikes! Lol
  • angjindra
    angjindra Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    I cant wait until I get to feel that satisfaction!!! I want to see hard work pay off more than anything! :smile:
  • FitRodr
    FitRodr Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Congrats to you, my Mom said "Now that's enough" the other day. Meaning I shouldn't lose anymore. Not that I have much to go but wow! Also, boss who see's me everyday said I look like a different person.

Congrats on your new found freedom to be who you really are.
  • Yeah, I'm pretty tall and I finally saw my boyfriend last weekend after several weeks and he kept constantly tossing me around and commenting on how 'light and tiny' I was. Best feeling ever!

@Raf702, congrats! I'm happy for you. I'm not at the point of needing a new wardrobe just yet but I've def been experiencing lots of positive changes so I can relate. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options

OMG Everyone has been picking me up lately. It's such a magically wonderful feeling. I love it. But I keep worrying that I'm still too heavy to lift.

LOL that's my greatest fear!! I worry about someone's back getting hurt...or more importantly: Me getting dropped!! Just kidding haha. I'm about 105 lbs so hopefully no one will drop me xD
  • Raf702
    Options
    Talking to some old friends tonight...one of them was talking about a diet that had you eating only 500 calories a day. She said that the weight comes off very fast and you only stay on the diet for 30 days at a time.

My thought is---what about all of the loose skin?

Oh, and my friends, especially the one I've known the longest--was very impressed. She's seen me kinda healthy and all the way down in the dumps depressed.

Wish I would have thought about doing this sooner...but now the time and MFP is the place!!!!!!! :)

500 a cals a day! Whoa, talk about crash diet. Not healthy in my opinion, you will lose fat sure, but you are doing some damage to your health. Not worth it, best way to look at it is. Lose 15-20lbs of weight in 30 days, or 30 years of being 15-20lbs lighter.

Keep up the good work! Stay focused and you will reach your goals!
  • denisegolden
    denisegolden Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    yeah, just yesterday, 11 weeks after my gastric bypass, and 59 pounds down, a customer from work, says, " my gosh, are you losing a bunch of weight, or what?" she comes in every week and i usually am around, but dont always wait on her...it was funny, my boss and i got a good laugh from it. that sure beats the silent stares i got from customers when i was gaining weight, when i was pregnant with my last son...lol...and of course after i went on maternity leave and my boss would tell costumers who would ask where i had been, that i was on maternity leave, they would say something like, " oh, thats why she was gaining so much weight, i was wondering!!!" lol
  • Raf702
    Options
    Yeah, I'm pretty tall and I finally saw my boyfriend last weekend after several weeks and he kept constantly tossing me around and commenting on how 'light and tiny' I was. Best feeling ever!

@Raf702, congrats! I'm happy for you. I'm not at the point of needing a new wardrobe just yet but I've def been experiencing lots of positive changes so I can relate. Keep it up and thanks for sharing.

Thanks, I've always been a yoyo dieter coming from a body building stand point for the past 10+ years. But I've realized that my physique was built on just being a lean individual. So looking like Venice beach buff bodies, is no longer my goals anymore, Lol.

Good luck to you as well! Stay focused! You too will be where you want to be!
  • Raf702
    Options
    I cant wait until I get to feel that satisfaction!!! I want to see hard work pay off more than anything! :smile:

You'll be there in no time! I guarantee it!
  • Raf702
    Options
    Congrats to you, my Mom said "Now that's enough" the other day. Meaning I shouldn't lose anymore. Not that I have much to go but wow! Also, boss who see's me everyday said I look like a different person.

Lol, my parents, even my granny says that too me. I just laugh it off and smile.
  • Lydialane
    Options

Lol, my parents, even my granny says that too me. I just laugh it off and smile.
    I get that alot, my boyfriend keeps telling me to stop losing weight, but I want to be happy with myself, I'm not doing this for him.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!