Starting 30DS

Okay. I have perused the forums a time or ten and I keep seeing people talking about the 30DS. I'm not a video workout type person. I've never seen Biggest Loser. My mother-in-law had to tell me who Jillian Michaels is. But I saw some before/after pictures of people who have done it and thought, dang. That's pretty spectacular. Then I moved on. Well I'm in Target tonight to buy an armband to run with my phone (because I decided running is probably the only thing I'd be good at) and as I walked down the aisle I saw the DVD. So I picked it up and saw that skinny body staring back at me, then I checked the price and really... $9. Well I work an hour from where I live and with winter coming up it's getting dark sooner. I've been stressing about where I can run in the middle of the night without having to join anywhere. Plus, my husband is still in school and we are dirt poor. So. Skinny body, convenience of home, and $9. Done.

Now I'm terrified. I'm about to pop it in. It must be (so incredibly MISERABLE) to be able to do what I saw in those pictures. So I'm gonna need someone to pray for me.

Replies

• Praying! I'm starting 30 DS on Tuesday, so I am right there with you! (:
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    It is hard, but if you take your time and stick to it you will love it!! It really does work! I am halfway through level 2 and already seeing results!! It kicks my butt and there are days I REALLY don't want to do it, but it is a great work out!
  • stef_3
    stef_3 Posts: 173
    You will feel it, but don't give in. Do the modified versions if needed. I sometimes still do modified push-ups cuz I suck at those. Love the shred though, I'm 22 days in so just about done. I also bought 2 more dvds to try to get me through winter as well, cuz it's hard to get myself motivated when it's dark at 4pm. I'm going to alternate the 3 of them and hope I don't get sucked into the holiday food craziness. Good luck to you
  • Aeliyah
    Aeliyah Posts: 247
    I always thought it was funny when people said they yell and curse at Jillian all throughout their workouts, and then I bought her 30DS. I now understand why.

What that said, the 30DS is a very effective workout. As stated above, you will have days that you just don't want to do it. All you have to do, is put the dvd in. Once the music is going, you'll reluctantly hit play, start the warm up thinking "why am I doing this AGAIN?!" and before you know it, your workout will be done and over with. THAT is a good feeling.

Make sure to drink plenty of water in those first few days... your muscles will thank you. Good luck :)