elliptical problems

Options
when i am on the elliptical my feet fall asleep does this happen to anyone else or just me. it only happens when i am on there for more then 15 min i can be on there for like 50 min or more but my feet fall asleep and then my legs. any sugestions

Replies

• adamk0324
    Options
    when i am on the elliptical my feet fall asleep does this happen to anyone else or just me. it only happens when i am on there for more then 15 min i can be on there for like 50 min or more but my feet fall asleep and then my legs. any sugestions
    Options
    I feel for you. Mine start to fall asleep at about 20 minutes but what I will do is for a few minutes I will be on my heels only and then I will be on the ball of my feet. I will try different ways of standing and that usually helps my feet
  • adamk0324
    Options
    ill try that cuz i really would like to stay on there longer
  • ggooding12
    Options
    This happens to me too. I thought it was me. I also lossened my shoes till they felt almost untied. That helped also.
  • ohthatbambi
    ohthatbambi Posts: 1,098 Member
    Options
    My physical therapist told me to roll up small towel and place under the ball of my foot. I have found that this helps me.
  • hibbler22
    hibbler22 Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    It happens to me as well my feet go numb, I wiggle my toes and keep repositioning my foot till it goes away! Sometimes my shoes are to tight. hope that helps!
  • dragonladey
    Options
    This advice helped me. I never could figure out why my feet did that. I usually just get off of it for a few min and do some floor excersises then get back on.
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Options
    Is this machine in your home? I take my shoes off! (dont throw things at me, please!!)

For ME taking my shoes off was the answer and now I do 45 minutes!

:flowerforyou:
  • ColeenSanLeon
    ColeenSanLeon Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Thanks for much for posting this question and for all the replies - it happens to me too! I was really too embarassed to ask at the gym, thought I was a freak for sure!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    whew.. i'm not the only one. lol i always thought it was like poor circulation or something was wrong with my feet lol good question to ask btw!
  • rosemarymint
    rosemarymint Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Hi All, Yep...my feet, too. Glad to know I'm not the only one. I'll definately try the tips. Thanks!!! :tongue:
  • nades33
    nades33 Posts: 14
    Options
    I have also had this happen...it usually would occur when my shoes were too tight...try loosening them. have you recently gotten new ones? That maybe it or maybe you need new ones...you should get new gym shoes about every 6 months or so....
  • adamk0324
    Options
    thanks for all the help everyone i will try these out and see how it works.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    You also might want to see a chiropractor for a lower back eval. My hands and feet were doing this and turned out I had compressed vertebra in my back. Hope it gets better!:flowerforyou:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lotusfromthemud
    lotusfromthemud Posts: 5,335 Member
    Options
    Two more things (that mean my feet no longer go numb)

Make sure your feet are all the way forward on the pedals (I used to put mine in the middle or to the back) and make sure your body weight is positioned over, not behind your feet.

:flowerforyou: