Night time

Options
It it ok to eat at night time if you wake up hungry and have calories left to use up? I know it's best to use them during day so that I'm NOT hungry during the night... but some days dont work out like that.

I was always told that eating late at night was very bad if you were trying to lose weight but if I'm keeping to my calories and exercising regularly is it really that bad?

Replies

• DaisyJane
    DaisyJane Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    It it ok to eat at night time if you wake up hungry and have calories left to use up? I know it's best to use them during day so that I'm NOT hungry during the night... but some days dont work out like that.

I was always told that eating late at night was very bad if you were trying to lose weight but if I'm keeping to my calories and exercising regularly is it really that bad?
  • TRLTAMPA
    TRLTAMPA Posts: 824
    Options
    A midnight snack of german chocolate cake may not be good for you, but an apple or some peanut butter is just fine. Wash it down with some good ole water and go back to bed.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    If you wake up hungry then your body is telling you something. Just keep it light.
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    A midnight snack of german chocolate cake may not be good for you, but an apple or some peanut butter is just fine. Wash it down with some good ole water and go back to bed.

Now I have a beoootiful image of german chocolate cake in my head! Good job it aint in my fridge!!:laugh:

Thanks for the advice- I had a low fat hot cross bun as couldnt resist!
  • DaisyJane
    Options
    If you wake up hungry then your body is telling you something. Just keep it light.

You're right. I have bad trouble sleeping- always have done. So it could be a case of restlessness + boredom = imaginary hunger... but then i do often have excess calories to use up so maybe i jest need to get my act together during the day.

It's funny, I;ve been feeding myself for 26 years and I STILL cant get it right! lol:grumble: :laugh:
  • Mattysmomma
    Options

Now I have a beoootiful image of german chocolate cake in my head! Good job it aint in my fridge!!:laugh:

Thanks for the advice- I had a low fat hot cross bun as couldnt resist!

ummmm.....german chocolate cake.....:bigsmile:
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    Most people are told not to eat right before bed not because it hinders weight loss but because many people experience heartburn and such after eating and lying down almost immediately afterwards. Your body does not have a clock that says oh no it's after the standard dinner time so any more food must be stored away as fat. I worked the midnight shift for many many years and I actually weighed less then than I do now. As far as eating something low calorie or high calorie, the choice is yours, if you have the calories eat them.
  • WillPillageYourVillageForFood
    Options
    arrggg....double post