Ideas to prevent chafing?

Options
I wear compression shorts and STILL have issues with inner thigh chafing, especially during jogging because I run with my legs really close together. What are your methods for preventing this unsightly, painful rash?

Thanks for reading my post.

Replies

• RichLove1
    RichLove1 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Vaseline does the job for me when cycling
  • leslturn8
    leslturn8 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    i wear like supre tights or any tights should do the trick as long as ur thighs arnt touching they should be right!
    I went jetskiing a few weeks ago and had short shorts on and how embarrassing i got the fat rash! Im like degraded lol. good luck!
  • Tisha247
    Tisha247 Posts: 849 Member
    Options
    Have you thought about nappy rash cream? I haven't tried it, I don't get a rash but it might work? You'd put the rash cream on first and then baby powder over the top??
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    There is a cream called 3B cream we have in AU that prevents chafing - works a treat
  • Teddyaderwich
    Teddyaderwich Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    This has to be one of my biggest pet hates of being overweight... Thighs rubbing together :-(
    I bought some control knickers that go half way down my thighs for wearing with dresses / skirts during summer weather - roll on cooler weather so I can wear tights again !!
  • aimeelouwhite
    aimeelouwhite Posts: 181 Member
    Options
    zinc and castor oil cream - which is baby rash cream. Your local supermarket should have it :-)
  • lenwie
    lenwie Posts: 240
    Options
    http://www.lanacane.co.uk/products/gel.asp

Here in the uk we have a cream especially for chafing called "Lanacane"