Hello, I'm new.

Options
RKA625
RKA625 Posts: 151 Member
I just joined this site. I started doing spinning classes last week and it kind of threw me forward in my weight loss attempts. I've never liked a class as much as spinning, I love pushing myself in that class, and now I look forward to going to the gym. I've never steadily gone to the gym before, even though I work at one and have a free membership. Bad me, huh? lol.

So now, I'm finding it easier to count calories with the help of this site. And watch what I eat.

I keep going over my calorie allowance on here, but the number keeps getting lower, so tomorrow I hope to be right at my calorie allowance.

I've also found that realizing exercising "earns" you more calories, makes me want to exercise more, so I can eat a little bit more without going over.

lol, anyway, my name is Kelly. I am mommy to 2 little boys, one is 3 years old, one is 8 months old. I lost all of my pregnancy weight from baby #2 within a few months, but gained it back from a ridiculous Lipton iced Tea addiction, seriously, I was drinking like 4-6 bottles a day.

I was so proud of my weight loss since I was even lower than I had been before baby #1, so when I saw the scale going back UP, I knew I had to do something. It feels like something just clicked and I can handle saying no to foods now, or at least measuring them into portions.

So....looking forward to meeting you all. :smile:

Replies

• RKA625
    Options
    I just joined this site. I started doing spinning classes last week and it kind of threw me forward in my weight loss attempts. I've never liked a class as much as spinning, I love pushing myself in that class, and now I look forward to going to the gym. I've never steadily gone to the gym before, even though I work at one and have a free membership. Bad me, huh? lol.

So now, I'm finding it easier to count calories with the help of this site. And watch what I eat.

I keep going over my calorie allowance on here, but the number keeps getting lower, so tomorrow I hope to be right at my calorie allowance.

I've also found that realizing exercising "earns" you more calories, makes me want to exercise more, so I can eat a little bit more without going over.

lol, anyway, my name is Kelly. I am mommy to 2 little boys, one is 3 years old, one is 8 months old. I lost all of my pregnancy weight from baby #2 within a few months, but gained it back from a ridiculous Lipton iced Tea addiction, seriously, I was drinking like 4-6 bottles a day.

I was so proud of my weight loss since I was even lower than I had been before baby #1, so when I saw the scale going back UP, I knew I had to do something. It feels like something just clicked and I can handle saying no to foods now, or at least measuring them into portions.

So....looking forward to meeting you all. :smile:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Welcome glad to have you! Let us know if we can do anything for you there is a great group of people here!:flowerforyou: :drinker:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • RKA625
    Options
    Thanks! I'm all excited to join in here.
  • motivatedmama
    Options
    Welcome!
    It sounds like you are well on your way to being a healthier mommy.

127766.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • RKA625
    Options
    Thanks. Today I got a bit overwhelmed, but I just figured I'd take it day by day. I still have a little over 800 calories left for dinner.
  • renae77
    renae77 Posts: 3,394 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! Don't get overwhelmed and just take it day by day! You will get there before you know it. Good luck to you!
  • janiebeth
    janiebeth Posts: 2,509 Member
    Options
    Welcome Kelly.

Just keep logging your food. At first it seems pretty daunting, but soon you will find you are cruising. I also found at first it was hard to stay within my calories, but once I got used to the amount I was supposed to eat, I found I didn't want more than I was allowed.

In other words, it does get much easier as you go along..

Good luck.. jb
  • RKA625
    Options
    Thanks for the reassurance. :smile:

I think I just got overwhelmed that to stay thin, I'd have to count calories for the rest of my life! I've never ever counted how many pretzels I ate (obviously part of the problem, but still...)

And logging my ketchup, mustard, etc is very overwhelming too.