salt water cleanse

Options
Has anyone ever heard of or tried a salt water cleanse? It is supposed to clean out your colon, intestines and possibly jumpstart your weight loss. I looked it up online and everything pretty much says it is all natural. I actually tried it today for the first time....and to be straight forward, it for sure cleans you out!! Just looking for feedback before I try another couple days........

Replies

• missyyclaire
    missyyclaire Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    No, I haven't heard of it. There's no delicate way to ask this, so I'll curiously blunt...is this some kind of enema? I can't imagine it's something you'd drink.
  • sugarbone
    sugarbone Posts: 454 Member
    Options
    You will feel sick as hell. It's awful. I tried it when I was anorexic. Honestly, I'd consult your physician, as I do not know the biology behind it. However, to my knowledge, your insides are very good at removing waste and "toxins" (notice how they never specify what these toxins are?) itself, unless you are *very* unhealthy.
  • londanfudd4eva
    Options
    Yes if u are referring to sea salt i read about it on www.eartclinic.com . This is a great website by the way with all types of natural remedies. I purchased some sea salt and i have been using it but havent actually did the colon cleanse yet.
  • krr2011
    Options
    For what it is worth: A friend of mine told me about a similar product, from one of those nutrition stores. He said it worked for him, but I have refused to try it. I'd have to agree with sugarbone's assessment below.
  • Sjhill27
    Options
    i've heard of water with lemon in to kick start you in the morning and help with the weight lose, but salt water surely makes you feel sick
  • missruiz11
    Options
    No, I haven't heard of it. There's no delicate way to ask this, so I'll curiously blunt...is this some kind of enema? I can't imagine it's something you'd drink.
  • missruiz11
    Options

It is something that you drink
  • missruiz11
    Options
    I am talking about sea salt. Thanks Im going to take a look at that website!
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Look up master cleanse. It's a part of that; you also drink water with lemon, cayenne, and grade B maple syrup. You have drink juice and soups after doing the cleanse for 10 days to ease back into food but need to eat unprocessed foods. I haven't tried it so I can't give you any advice. It says 2 tablespoons of sea salt to a liter of water but most people comment that they can't drink it. How much salt and water did you take? It "cleanses" you because you can't drink salt water, watch for dehydration as well.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Eat fruit and veg.

You don't need to 'cleanse'. The colon is a self cleaning organ.
  • jujulou
    jujulou Posts: 10
    Options
    Glad I found this post. I did a salt water cleanse this morning. I've basically been on a low carb diet and haven't been very regular because of the change. I did it just for a "wash out" but there's no way I'd consider using it as a dieting method. I've read it's good to do it every few months. Does work well, I feel lighter and have lost a few pounds of water weight. You need to drink a litre of warm mineral water (although next time I'm going to try half a litre), 2 teaspoons of sea salt and lemon juice to taste. It doesn't actually taste as bad as you think it will, quite a struggle to down a litre though! You need to lie on your right side for the next half an hour for it to travel around your stomach then sit on the loo for the rest of the morning! Oh and do it 1st thing when you wake up and don't eat and drink beforehand. The downsides were I felt a bit nauseous and cold but it was definately worth it.
    Hope that helps.
  • wutamunkee
    wutamunkee Posts: 440 Member
    Options
    http://themastercleanse.org/salt-water-flush/

I have done it before... it actually works pretty well to make you move, etc... but dont know other than that...
  • KokomoJoe
    KokomoJoe Posts: 435
    Options
    I have done it, and once it got working it really works. It didn't happen as quick as it said it would as it took about 4 hours or so for me. Make sure you have no plans that day if you go for it.
  • BlessedPotential
    Options
    I think I may be doing it tomorrow morning. maybe I can update once its over!!!
  • Sued0nim
    Sued0nim Posts: 17,456 Member
    Options
    OMG snake oil :sad:

Why do people do this kind of stuff to themselves ?
  • Kealihc
    Options
    I tried it as part of the master cleanse years ago, when I was going through my crash diet phase. I did it the first day, and honestly it did work very well, but the second day, I could not manage to get all that salt water down, and puked it back up!
    Now, it's important for me to say that I've come very far from that point in my life, and would never try it again...it really is so much easier to eat healthy and exercise! And I agree that the body does a great job of cleansing itself!
  • joyfuljoy65
    joyfuljoy65 Posts: 317 Member
    Options
    OMG snake oil :sad:

Why do people do this kind of stuff to themselves ?

:frown: no idea but they do..... not for me.
  • Springfield1970
    Springfield1970 Posts: 1,945 Member
    Options
    Has anyone ever heard of or tried a salt water cleanse? It is supposed to clean out your colon, intestines and possibly jumpstart your weight loss. I looked it up online and everything pretty much says it is all natural. I actually tried it today for the first time....and to be straight forward, it for sure cleans you out!! Just looking for feedback before I try another couple days........

Why not try just 'cleansing' your cupboards of tempting foods....? It will screw up your body less.
  • GiveMeCoffee
    GiveMeCoffee Posts: 3,556 Member
    Options
    Your body cleanses itself all on its own, no jump starts needed you aren't a battery. Eat less, move more. Learn portion control and stop looking for quick fixes
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options

Just no