Jenny Craig - trying it monday

Options
Does anyone have any experience with JC??

I'm going in for my first meeting on monday. I dont know how it will go. i'm optimistic but sceptical. is that possible?

i'll keep you posted.

Replies

• theGuest
    theGuest Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    Does anyone have any experience with JC??

I'm going in for my first meeting on monday. I dont know how it will go. i'm optimistic but sceptical. is that possible?

i'll keep you posted.
  • maryschmidt
    Options
    I think Jenny Craig works great as long as you continue to eat their food. It's when you stop eating their food that's a problem. This is a lifestyle change. You can do it! Take that step and put one foot in front of the other one day and one pound at a time.
  • SGFlyinHi
    SGFlyinHi Posts: 469 Member
    Options
    I agree with Mary. I did JC a long time ago & lost. But, once I was back to regular food, I started gaining it back, though it took a while since I was still working out at that time. Once I stopped working out constantly the pounds came back quicker.

Good luck to you.
  • melissav
    Options
    I've tried Jenny Craig and did have success but once I stopped eating their food all the weight came back. I probably would have continuedwith the program if it wasn't so expensive. Between buying their food and all the extras I needed like the friut, veggies and yogurt I was spending almost $200/week.
  • pesty823
    Options
    i lost weight with jenny craig too. i liked the food for the most part, but you can get sick of it after awhile especially if you are a picky eater (like me!) i agree that its expensive for the jc food alone plus all the extras. but if you need structure and someone to basically map out your food for the day, then it could work for you. good luck!!

ps i love the breakfasts!!
  • cindylynn1226
    cindylynn1226 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I think you would be better off just counting your calories. JC is a waste of money, because once you stop eating their food,you gain all the weight back. Unless you plan on eating their food for ever. You can do it without the expense, just watch potion size and calories.
  • age1389
    age1389 Posts: 1,160 Member
    Options
    I used to work for JC a couple of years ago and it does work. With buying the food it makes you understand the portions we SHOULD be eating. Once you've lost the weight you can slowly weane yourself off of the meals and get in the habit yourself of making your meals smaller like there portions. It also helps you transition inot your new life style of eating smaller portions and eating more often during the day.
    it helped me understand what I was doing wrong and I lost weight by just working there and the weight i took off I kept it off.
    Good luck with it and be committed to it if you do decide to really do it. That's the only way it works. If you need any more help or more ques. let me know.:smile:
    Oh and try there chocolate cake, it's great:love:
  • Eve23
    Eve23 Posts: 2,352 Member
    Options
    I had a friend who used Jenny Craig and she ate her own food. She had lost over 70 lbs last I spoke with her. So it seems to be a good program.

Good luck.

Eve
  • theGuest
    Options
    I have done a lot of research on JC - so I am not going into it blind. I am concerned about the food costs, but I am crap with portions and knowing what the heck to eat! I have been on every kind of diet and feel like i have lost my grip on knowing what is OK to eat anymore! I just want to eat food and not have to think no no no no not that... celery only!!

I'm not worried about transitioning back to regular food. Once I have a guide I know I can do it. I have done it before. Also, I don't mind eating their foods. I work well on routine when it comes to food. Thinking "OK, I'm eating ABC at this hour and I'll do that again tomorrow" makes me think I don't have to think about anything and just do it.

I have been counting calories forever and I always find a way to forget to add stuff to my total. Or, I'll do great for three days and then crap for the next two. It is literally three steps forward and two steps back. So I am really attracted to the support system.

But we will see how it goes. My main concern is the price of the food honestly. But we'll see how it goes on Monday.

Thank yall!
  • theGuest
    Options
    So here is what happened.

I decided not to go into JC today for my first consultation apt. after finding a food list online I came to the conclusion that i simply don't want to spend $150+ in food a week. I can't afford to. Especially since i don't spend anything on food now.

(also, spending that money is taking money right out of my shoe shopping addiction)

after reviewing JC's food list and the calorie break down for their foods, i realized i could do their meal plan by simply controlling my intake and having lean cuisine!!

so i went to the store and picked up all my supplies and it only cost me $30 bucks - which was awesome cause i didn't have to pay for that either.
  • Lisarrrtist
    Options
    I think you will be better off doing things on your own.

I have done JC and Nutrisystem with some success, but the cost was high, as was the sodium. Reading labels and being a stickler for logging all my food (even on those "bad" days) has been very good at holding me accountable and teaching me portion sizes.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    how clever!!!
    I would never have thought of going and finding their food list. and you were able to learn for free what you were going to pay for. very smart.:flowerforyou:
    Here is an idea. stick with what you have figured out and your own portions and education and everytime you lose 5 or 10 or whatever pounds, buy an extra pair of shoes as a treat. really great ones that you didn't think you should buy. you can justify it by saying its money you saved on JC :bigsmile:
  • tremmons
    Options
    I go to an Herbal Diet Place and boy is it expensive! It has worked for me so far but everyone tells me that when I am done, if I don't do maintainance, I will gain it all back. So now I joined this websight and I figure I will make my own menus etc since I have the basics and the support of "friends" Good luck to you. I have tried many, many times and have finally dropped 44 lbs. Another 20 to go.
  • flachix
    flachix Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    tremmons.
    going by personal experience, if you don't do maintenance after you lose the weight, it will indeed all come back, and I believe that goes for any diet. not just the one you are on. it does actually have to be a lifetime change. but what the heck, I'm worth it.:flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    I worked for Jenny Craig...a long time ago... I was the tall, thin receptionist that used to think I would never get fat.

Anyway, I believe Jenny Craig now offers options to either buy all their meals, some of their meals or create meals based off of a diet plan. The food works, but it can be expensive (150-200 a week) so if you don't have an endless grocery budget you may have to go with other options. If you stay on the program and loose all the weight and you go into maintenance they are supposed to give you the option to buy a maintenance program and they set you up with a personal maintenance counselor that actually gets you to the grocery store and all that stuff.

Either way, you are going to have to learn to plan for, shop for, prepare and eat your own meals. For me it was easier and way less expensive to subscribe to cooking light and a couple other mags and plan and prepare my meals ahead of time.

choose what is right for you right now, sometimes we just need a giant push in the butt to get us going! Good luck