Saying No Politely and with Grace to Friends bearing Dessert

Options
2»

Replies

• kaetra
    kaetra Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    If you want some, have a small piece, eat it slowly and enjoy it. If you'll go crazy w/o logging it, make your best guess or just give yourself a set # of calories (like 500).

If you don't want any but feel pressured to have some, say that you're too full at the moment, but that you'll take a piece to go. Then give it to someone at home or throw it away.

-LP

Oooooo, both of these these are good ones too. And the latter is such a Sneaky-Good-Awesome-Idea! LOVE IT!
  • candicole007
    candicole007 Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I'm a one bite person - Take one bite, tell them it was delicious, and move on - I do this because I too am (gasp!) a food-pusher. I feed people. If someone comes to my house, and I have been cooking they are either gonna eat or get fussed LOL. I cook pretty healthy food BUT - it still hurts my feelings if someone won't eat. I started with my baking - I show my love through made from scratch, whatever you want, beautiful birthday goodies. Seeing as I am the only person in my entire family watching what I eat, this does not become a problem of me shoving unwanted calories onto someone else. And if it's junk food, I don't push it. But if I make a regular, healthy meal - you'd sure as hell better eat it if you come over at dinner time :bigsmile:
  • kaetra
    Options
    I'm a one bite person - Take one bite, tell them it was delicious, and move on - I do this because I too am (gasp!) a food-pusher. I feed people. If someone comes to my house, and I have been cooking they are either gonna eat or get fussed LOL. I cook pretty healthy food BUT - it still hurts my feelings if someone won't eat. I started with my baking - I show my love through made from scratch, whatever you want, beautiful birthday goodies. Seeing as I am the only person in my entire family watching what I eat, this does not become a problem of me shoving unwanted calories onto someone else. And if it's junk food, I don't push it. But if I make a regular, healthy meal - you'd sure as hell better eat it if you come over at dinner time :bigsmile:

You're a cutie! hehe <3
  • kaetra
    Options
    Thank you for all the wonderful ideas and replies! You guys are awesome!