Olive Garden!! Oh My!!

Options
I never thought olive garden was so bad for you!! One bowl of salad has 201 calories and the Zuppa Soup has 339 calories!! I love my soup and salad though! Im so sad....:sad:

Replies

• dragonladey
    Options
    I never thought olive garden was so bad for you!! One bowl of salad has 201 calories and the Zuppa Soup has 339 calories!! I love my soup and salad though! Im so sad....:sad:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    www.thedailyplate.com/nutrition-calories/f
    ood/olive-garden
    Here is the website that tells you the calories and fat.
  • bugger123
    Options
    another site that is good for restaurant nutrition facts and other brand foods and such is www.dietfacts.com
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    the first and last time i went to Olive Garden i got the Chicken Fettucine Alfredo, the sauce was almost like paste. I was dissappointed and didn't eat all of it. I guess it's a good idea i didnt like it lol. Tho of course i like places like Red Lobster..getting a big steak at Outback or Texas Roadhouse..or getting some really nice japanese food at Shogun :ohwell:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Thanks!!! That site will be very helpful!!:flowerforyou:
  • dragonladey
    Options
    mmmmm Japanese Steakhouse!!! YUMMY!! Yes a steak at Texas Roadhouse is always good.....nothing like a good ol ribeye!:blushing:
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    Oh my...Red Lobster : Shrimp Feast.
    1 Feast....410 cal. 210 from fat :frown:
  • plussized
    plussized Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    Olive Garden now has its nutritional information on its own website too ;)
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    mmmmm Japanese Steakhouse!!! YUMMY!! Yes a steak at Texas Roadhouse is always good.....nothing like a good ol ribeye!:blushing:

especially fun when seeing your food cooked right in front of you :happy: (Shogun)
  • Go_Duke
    Go_Duke Posts: 66
    Options
    ALL I CAN SAY IS STEAK GORGONZOLA ALFREDO, my favorite there

just looked it up for fun 1310 CALORIESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

say it aint so
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Cool website. Guess I won't be getting the Qdoba BBQ Chicken Burrtio LOL! That was one of my fav's!:frown:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    it's probably not as bad if you go to a place like that every once in awhile
  • dragonladey
    Options
    It can be one of your cheat days once a month! Gotta treat yourself once in a while!:laugh:
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    Yeah if it was an every day occurrance or you go out to places like that more than once a week or so..then it wouldn't be a very good idea if you're trying to shed some pounds.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    I know ! We were eating out alot there for awhile! Now that I look up calories I make alot of smarter choices..:tongue:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    According to Olive Gardens website one serving of Zuppa Toscana has 170cal. The salad with dressing is high though,350 cal with croutons. The salad without is only 120 so I would ask for dressing on the side and only add a small amount.
    The minestrone soup only has 100cal and the Pasta e Fagioli is 130.

If I can't split an entree with someone I take half home. The portions are to big that's why the calorie counts are so high.
  • dragonladey
    Options
    Oh that makes me feel a little better. WHen I looked it up it said 330...I was sad. Splitting meals is another very good idea. You would think I would have thought of that:tongue:
  • christk
    christk Posts: 15
    Options
    Sooooo happy you said the soup was 170 cal. When my daughter comes home from college that is her fav place to go, and that is my fav soup to get!!!!!:drinker:
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    Yeah I was pretty shocked to elarn that the salad was worse than the soup! I ordered minestrone and the endless salad, I only ate one breadstick, but I allowed myself to have a bunch of salad. I thought I was making the better choice, but when I got home I discovered the truth. Now I check before I go out so I won't have any surprises. :wink:
    The other day we went out to Togo's. I had worked out so I knew I had a bunch of calories, and I chose the "best" thing I could figure from the menu- the Santa Fe Chicken Salad wrap. I didn't know the calories, so I only ate half of it, but when I got home I checked and discovered that the big old thing was only 600~ calories. I was so happy to know I could eat the other half, because I was still hungry! But I was super proud that I waited till we got home to check- that is not like the OLD me at all!
  • naugustyniak
    naugustyniak Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I was there last night. I am vegetarian and REALLY wanted the eggplant parmesgan. I looked it up before I went and it was 875 CALORIES. I had the minestrone soup (100 calories) one bread stick (150 calories) and a very small amount of salad (350 calories). I would have eaten the bread and salad also if i had ordered the eggplant so I think I did okay AND I wasn't sick to my stomach full like I usually am.