Should I be concerned about calories?

Options
The Zone is not about calories. It is about the hormonal response to food. Being in "the Zone" means you're not hungry and not craving, even though it may appear at first to be a low-calorie diet. Women who diet in the Zone should consume 1100-1200 calories daily while men should consume 1400-1600 calories per day. But because blood sugar levels are balanced, if you are like most people, you will be enjoying greater energy levels, less fatigue, the ability to think more clearly, and fewer cravings while attaining your weight loss goals.

Replies

• pnieuw
    pnieuw Posts: 473
    Options
    The only issue I would have with that diet plan is the low calories for guys. i'm 6'5" and went from 230 to 198 by eating about 1,950 a day, the recommended amount for my plan. The 1,400 calorie a day diet, for me, would leave me tired, grumpy, hungry and losing weight at an unsustainable rate.

What happens after I make my goals? What's my calorie count then? When I work out, I eat 2,900 calories a day, and still, my weight hasn't gone up.

Just my thoughts...
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    You should be worried about "The Zone". It sounds totally unhealthy. Like you're not consuming enough calories in the first place, and then it sounds like you couldn't possibly be encouraged to exercise if you wanted to. Maybe I'm wrong, but if I were you I'd do my homework very thoroughly before investing in this.

http://whole9life.com/zonegonebad.pdf (found this after Googling "The Zone" is unhealthy.)