Depressing....

Options
Im being forced to get a second job. I've been trying to get into a vet office as a Vet Assistant...but they aren't hiring till spring (march or april). So right now im probably going to be stuck working in dietary at a nursing home, which with me having the Dean's Certificate for completeing the Vet Assistant classes and not working as a Vet Assistant isn't really gonna get me anywhere. My gma (who my mom and i have lived with for many many years) is retiring in April or March (don't remember which) and is going to end up living with her b/f at their lake property leaving mom and I stuck with the house till my great gma, who has been living with us for a year or 2, dies and mom and i will have to take care of her and we probably wont be able to go out and do anything fun like going to the movies, eating out, etc.

It would be so much easier if we could get a trailer or something. idk what im gonna do :cry:

Replies

• The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    Im being forced to get a second job. I've been trying to get into a vet office as a Vet Assistant...but they aren't hiring till spring (march or april). So right now im probably going to be stuck working in dietary at a nursing home, which with me having the Dean's Certificate for completeing the Vet Assistant classes and not working as a Vet Assistant isn't really gonna get me anywhere. My gma (who my mom and i have lived with for many many years) is retiring in April or March (don't remember which) and is going to end up living with her b/f at their lake property leaving mom and I stuck with the house till my great gma, who has been living with us for a year or 2, dies and mom and i will have to take care of her and we probably wont be able to go out and do anything fun like going to the movies, eating out, etc.

It would be so much easier if we could get a trailer or something. idk what im gonna do :cry:
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    have some cheese with that whine

it could be alot worse
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    I suggest first treasuring both your grand and great grandmothers while you have them. I have lost my dad, mom and all of my grandparents, so be thankful while you have them. Just a thought.:smile:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    have some cheese with that whine

it could be alot worse

I know it could be a lot worse...but you dont have to be rude
  • Dave198lbs
    Options
    you are right...didn't mean to be
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    I suggest first treasuring both your grand and great grandmothers while you have them. I have lost my dad, mom and all of my grandparents, so be thankful while you have them. Just a thought.:smile:

118984.png

unfortunately my great gma is pretty much suffering. she gets these small strokes every once in awhile. The last one so far was the worst. She asked me questions like "do you stay here all summer" and other things. So she's not doing very well
  • cab2424
    cab2424 Posts: 122 Member
    Options

118984.png

I agree Amy, I lost my Great grandmother in May 2008 (92) and my Grandmother (her daughter) Dec 29, 2008 (73). Even though it probably isn't easy living with them, cherish it. My grandmother was my best friend and I havn't went a day without crying my eyes out since we lost her three weeks ago.

I know getting a second job isn't easy, but at least you aren't homeless. Try to see the positive side of things, optimism and being healthy are my two goals for 2009
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    Just try to stay positive. We are all given trials for a reason and I believe that we will not be given more than we can handle. You sound like a strong person and it's awesome to have gotten your vet assistance license. Be patient and be strong. I know it will all work out for you.:flowerforyou:

Dave198lbs...everyone is different and maybe things could be worse, but for her IT is worse. Cut her some slack. She came here for support, not to feel worse.:grumble:
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    A friend of mine killed himself march of last year. and since then i haven't been as happy as i used to be.
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    unfortunately my great gma is pretty much suffering. she gets these small strokes every once in awhile. The last one so far was the worst. She asked me questions like "do you stay here all summer" and other things. So she's not doing very well
    [/quote]

Sorry to hear that I went throught the same thing with my mom it is never good to see a loved one suffer. Could you get a job in a neighboring town or would that be too far?

118984.png
  • Families_R_Forever
    Options
    A friend of mine killed himself march of last year. and since then i haven't been as happy as i used to be.

That is horrible! I am so sorry!:flowerforyou:
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options

Yes, you did. If you didn't, think before you post.

We are here to support and uplift each other, and I don't think I've ever seen a nice thing posted by you. Please be kind to others. :flowerforyou:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

We are here to support and uplift each other, and I don't think I've ever seen a nice thing posted by you. Please be kind to others. :flowerforyou:

apparently he is now :embarassed: his picture disappeared:laugh:
  • Dave198lbs
    Options

well I am sorry you feel that way
    but whether you beleive it or not, I didn't mean to be....there was a stab at humor but I missed
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,943 Member
    Options

well I am sorry you feel that way
    but whether you beleive it or not, I didn't mean to be....there was a stab at humor but I missed

I call foul.
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    Sorry to hear that I went throught the same thing with my mom it is never good to see a loved one suffer. Could you get a job in a neighboring town or would that be too far?

118984.png

there really is a lot of places around here to work, but it's mostly Fast Food, places like Wal-Mart, etc. I work at a dog kennel right now and im trying to find somewhere else to work that i'd enjoy. At the nursing home dietary is basicly giving them their food trays. Which isn't hard but I was really hopeing for something Animal -related.

If a vet hospital does call asking me to come in for an interview and they want to hire me, i'll probably quit at the nursing home and work there. I want to at least see what it's like to be a vet assistant in an actual place to see if its a career im going to pursue full-time.