what to cut down on??

Options
What do people try and cut down on to see a loss in weight? carbs, sugar, calories, fats etc

Replies

• mabug01
    mabug01 Posts: 1,273 Member
    Options
    sugar and fats
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    What do people try and cut down on to see a loss in weight? carbs, sugar, calories, fats etc

processed sugar & sodium.

I don't really monitor my fat levels as they're normally low.
    I eat a lot of fruit and I don't care about the sugar in it.
    carbs are low anyways
  • janel814
    Options
    I think that is a personal choice and also what your goals are. I watch my sodium and postassium intakes, also calories in verse my output. Like I said I think it depends what your goals are.

Good Luck :-)
  • Pandorian
    Pandorian Posts: 2,055 Member
    Options
    Carbs here, but specifically the processed carbs, white breads, pastas cakes, brownies, chocolate bars, potato chips etc.

Up my lean proteins, eat full fat versions (whole milk, regular miracle whip, full fat salad dressings) .
  • Moonbeamlissie
    Moonbeamlissie Posts: 504 Member
    Options
    pretty much just calories for me. I used to try to watch sodium but it always just got me mad lol. I have lost weight just fine keeping an eye on my cals.
  • poustotah
    poustotah Posts: 1,121 Member
    Options
    I think that is a personal choice and also what your goals are. I watch my sodium and postassium intakes, also calories in verse my output. Like I said I think it depends what your goals are.

Good Luck :-)

I agree with this. I watch my protein - to make sure it's over 100g a day, my sodium - to keep it in range, and my carbs - to keep them in range. I eat low fat in general so I don't watch that a whole lot. And I'm not to the point where I care too much about my sugar yet.
  • SarahMorganP
    SarahMorganP Posts: 922 Member
    Options
    I only watch my calories really. I mean, I try to stay under the goals that mfp gave me for fat and carbs but really don't care if I go over a little.
  • servilia
    servilia Posts: 3,453 Member
    Options
    I watch calories and carbs. I don't mind fats - I've been over plenty and have kept losing.
  • CoraGregoryCPA
    CoraGregoryCPA Posts: 1,097 Member
    Options
    CALORIES!
  • PeytonSwan
    PeytonSwan Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Calories, Carbs & Sodium :)
  • llkilgore
    llkilgore Posts: 1,169 Member
    Options
    I cut way back on refined or overly processed sugar and grain products, including white rice and instant oatmeal. I also cut back on potatoes, though not so much. I haven't paid a lot of attention to fats, other than to substitute olive or coconut oil where I can. Sugar and/or white flour and fat are so often fellow travelers in the diet that if you cut back on processed carbs, a lot of fat goes with them.