Buddies for Indian food

Options
HI I am an Indian i am looking for buddies who can help me with calculating the calories in Indian food. I do calculate but it will help if i find buddies who have been there before,

Replies

• Bella1hud
    Bella1hud Posts: 530 Member
    Options
    When you add a recipe to the database, it will figure out the calories for you as well. :smile:

Hint, hint...lol I am hoping you will be sharing some of your recipes with us!
  • gudiiya
    gudiiya Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I am Indian and we can help eachother; you can add me if you want.

D
  • urvashikumar
    Options
    Please add me too. And share any tips u have for eating healthier indian meals! I am trying but its not easy...meals without carbs ie roti or rice is not an easy concept for me to digest!
  • voodoomoocow
    voodoomoocow Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    Hey I'm indian. I've noticed a lot of food is already in here (biryani, pulihara, curries) but for random reciples I use Wolfram Alpha. It gives you the nutrition facts of the recipes you input. http://www.wolframalpha.com/input/?i=1+cup+of+rice+++1/2+cup+of+tomatoes+++1+tsp+of+sugar+++1+okra+++garam+masala here's an example.
  • Deeptisingh
    Deeptisingh Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    The struggle is most of us cook from our memory we do not follow recipes. I needed the calories for the various ingredients we put for the cooking.
    I have stopped loading the recipes to the MFP as noticed I have different calorie count than the one uploaded.
    Secondly when I am in a hurry I check 3-4 and calculate the average to add to my tracker.
  • 3foldchord
    3foldchord Posts: 2,918 Member
    Options
    We love India Food! I would like a buddy for all that calculating of yummy recipes! And if you wanna share any recipes..... Just saying...

Hey, my 16 year old was a chef helper at an Indian Restaurant where we used to live. ..
  • infamousmk
    infamousmk Posts: 6,033 Member
    Options
    Calorie counting is not an exact science, so taking the average of several recipes may work, as well as entering all of the ingredients (estimates) for your typical preparation.

I don't cook from a recipe either, but I typically make things pretty much the same most of the time. - not exact, but close enough. I just use the 'recipe' I entered the very first time.