Who am I kidding?

Options
I can't do this! No matter how hard I try I end up screwing myself over. What the hell is wrong with me? Everyone else seems able to do it so easily but I lose like 10 pounds and then gain it right back and then some. Why can't I stick with it? Being fat affects my entire life. My friends from home don't like to hang out with me. I don't get invited to go out with the clubs with them because no one wants to be seen with the fat girl. I haven't met anyone up at school because no one will even talk to me. My life is just going straight to hell and I feel like nothing I do will ever work. It seems like Im just going to get fatter and fatter until I pop like a balloon. I have absolutely no one to talk to about anything. Im completely alone and absolutely no one gives a crap. I'll never be able to make new friends, let alone ever find a guy who would actually love me. I feel as if nothing is ever going to change.

Replies

• HealthyKt78
    Options
    I can't do this! No matter how hard I try I end up screwing myself over. What the hell is wrong with me? Everyone else seems able to do it so easily but I lose like 10 pounds and then gain it right back and then some. Why can't I stick with it? Being fat affects my entire life. My friends from home don't like to hang out with me. I don't get invited to go out with the clubs with them because no one wants to be seen with the fat girl. I haven't met anyone up at school because no one will even talk to me. My life is just going straight to hell and I feel like nothing I do will ever work. It seems like Im just going to get fatter and fatter until I pop like a balloon. I have absolutely no one to talk to about anything. Im completely alone and absolutely no one gives a crap. I'll never be able to make new friends, let alone ever find a guy who would actually love me. I feel as if nothing is ever going to change.
  • Hannah_Banana
    Hannah_Banana Posts: 1,242 Member
    Options
    First off lovie, you can't expect other people to like you until you like yourself! This is a very hard lesson to learn, particularly when there are 5'9 100 pound girls in mini skirts walking around. They are no better than you, though.

So you have two choices, you can stick it out and gain confidence. Or, you can quit and you won't improve. :ohwell: Its harsh, but in the end we all have to modivate ourselves. Others can inspire you, but you have to make the change. :flowerforyou:

I wish you all the best sweetie, if you ever just need to talk - let me know. You don't have to do this alone... Thats why you have the MFP community! :heart: :smooched:
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,968 Member
    Options
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

Start reading. Read posts until you feel better. Start here.

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/32807-make-a-u-turn?page=1#posts-350572
  • Fitness_Chick
    Fitness_Chick Posts: 6,648 Member
    Options
    YES YOU CAN DO IT!! You are DOING IT! You've lost some weight Girl!!

Who says it's easy for the rest of us? Simple yup, when we plan our meals, log, keep it honest, add in excercise, drink lots of water and keep a positive mindset. Easy? NOPE, doable? Absolutely Hon:flowerforyou: :wink:

Put your mind back on what you CAN do and HAVE DONE and get the 'can't do it' out of your head...keep it positive and you'll see a world of difference... don't give up Hon before you allow yourself to even get started:noway: :drinker:

Hm...no one to talk to? No one cares? noone gives a crap? Oh I'm a bit insulted and sad that you post that here....surely you know you CAN TALK HERE....you are right now... this is a good place to vent, others understand, they have been there or may be right where you are at this very moment.

Be kind to yourself, learning to love ourselves is not an easy task...the world doesn't teach us to do that... it teaches us to look critically at ourselves and feel like we're never enough. Don't cave to society, You are unique, you have much work to do as we all do in our lives...to say you will 'never' is quite a HUGE statement. Unless you are able to read minds, you surely don't know what is in your future.

But unless we make changes in our lives we will get stuck and be exactly right here this time next year and probably much more miserable. So what choice do you have but to move forward...:flowerforyou:
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    Hi, I just want to let you know you are not the only one out there that feels like this. I go through the same problems you do. I never get invited anywhere, I am always alone becuase I feel fat and don't want to go anywhere, and it seems like I am not fun enough and nobody likes me. I don't think it is the fact if you are a big girl I think it is just yourself telling you you aren't good enough. Lately I have come to realize that I am a loner and people don't hang out with me because of my decisions not theirs. I have had a lot of time to reflect on it and realize it is all about my self esteem. I used to say no to invites becuase I was 'having a fat day' leading people to just quit asking me to hang out in the first place. I finally left my college after two years because I had such social anxiety that I would get really drunk, stupid, and make a fool out of myself and I felt like everyone hated me (although noone did, it was just myself telling me they did) I quit hanging out with everybody and became a loner (with my cat :)) BUT long story short I know how you feel and I bet you it is a self-esteem issue not really 'nobody wanting to hang out with you'
    If I lived where you lived we could be best friends. I am here to talk if you want, becuase I promise you I know exactly what your going through.
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    P.S. the guy thing? I don't get it either. Some of the weirdest, stupidest girls have great boyfriends but I can't find one that likes me. You are not the only one... trust me, and I bet there are plenty of us out there. I am kind of glad I now know I am not the only one. I could of wrotten that exact post the way I was feeling yesterday :smile:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    Options
    we are in this together ALL OF US on this site. so you're not alone. might i make one suggestion, pick a loving and upbeat profile name. you're allowed to change it once. i don't know you but "fatty" doesn't sound loving. i am VERY glad that you are here and that you honesty discussed your feeling.
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    In addition

If your "friends" won't hang out with you because you are overweight then they are not your friends. I have been fat since I was 7 and I have always had true friends who were not afraid to be seen with me.

As far as meeting someone. When I was in my early 20's I met a wonderful guy who loved me despite of my size. But I was not ready to be loved. As allenhm said you have to love yourself or you can't even begin to recognize when someone truly loves you.

The weight comes off one pound at a time. Some people can't give up the foods they like cold turkey. I started eating 1 healthy meal a day. My dinner was asparagus and salmon.

You can do it. You just have to believe you can do it.
  • IUChelle423
    Options
    YOU CAN DO THIS! I noticed on your profile it says that you'll start planning your meals after x # weeks. I find that if I plan my meals ahead of time, I find that I feel like I'm eating a lot more even though I'm staying in my calories.

Make sure you're drinking all your water, chew gum if you get a craving and NO MATTER WHAT - DON'T GET DOWN ON YOURSELF if you slip for a day!
  • jessicasager
    Options
    obviously you can do it! you've been doing it! just think about what you'll look like 6 months down the road if you continue on the healthy path. and think about how unhappy you'll STILL be.. if you don't. self motivation is best, give yourself small goals to work towards. that way, when you meet them you feel accomplished rather than being stuck in a rut with a X amount of weight to lose. I'm shooting for 100lbs in the long run! but i'm taking it 10 at a time honey. it's hard for everyone, but people do it every day. head up! :smile:
  • FitJoani
    FitJoani Posts: 2,173 Member
    Options
    yes you can and you have the best support group around ever to help you out!!!!! We alol have down i cant do this moments and they pass revel in small triumphs honey and that will make you smile. You are chosing to get life back and thats the best reward ever
  • tizzykay
    Options
    You can do it just smile:happy: That always makes me feel better and believe in yourself. Dont be your own worst enemy. Believe me right now I just want to binge but reading all these great blogs helps me out a lot!
    124569.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • michelleisfit
    michelleisfit Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    This is something I have been battling with as well so you are not alone! I topped out at 230lbs and this morning I weighed in at 152lbs. Now, while that may seem like a great accomplishment and I am damn proud of my efforts, my mind is the same as that "fat girl." I still have self-esteem issues. I still pick myself apart and look at my thighs and think 'damn they are huge.' My body has changed tremendously but in many ways my mind is still the same.

I used to think that once I hit 160lbs I would be 'happy.' Then once I got there it was once I hit 155lbs I will be happy. Then I hit that goal. I finally realized it's not about the number on the scale. The number on the scale has NOTHING to do with your selfworth or happiness.
  • sweetassurance
    Options
    Hi, :flowerforyou: Based on my past experience and victories I noticed that when I lost the weight and was able to keep it off was when I worked out and made muscle.

It was not enough for me to keep a low count calorie intake put to add muscle to it as well. In this way I would not gain the weight back so easily. I went from 170 to 146 in 3 months and did not gain it back until a few years later when I took a birth control shot. That is why I am 189 now but I believe that by 1.Controlling what I eat
    2. Building muscle and exercise (which will help my body lose weight and keep it off) and
    3. Posting on MFP boards and getting involved.

Will determine the outcome I receive in my weight loss...........

I pray this was helpful to you.:happy:
  • johnblake
    johnblake Posts: 661
    Options
    now we hit the wall. I'm sorry to say but this is the time of year that people start to give up on there new year goals. :grumble:
    Time to pay up. the rubber hits the raod. what every you want to say.:brokenheart:
    1. Are you a quiter?
    2. you have lost 5 pound
    3. there is a lot of help right here
    4. you can talk yourself into/ just like your talking yourself out of it.
    5. set smaller goals ie. I will stick with eating right and working out till April
    Good luck: hang in there.
  • lulubar
    lulubar Posts: 739 Member
    Options
    Great rewards are not earned easily! Stick to it, even if it's two steps forward and one step back - the destination will be worth the journey. You are in a good, safe environment for venting your frustrations and there are plenty of people here to support and encourage you. Search your heart and embrace your spirit, because I know it is not your weight that keeps you from having friends around... that is all about attitude - we alllllll seek out people who are friendly or encouraging or helpful or funny - expose those qualities that are positive within yourself!!!

Remember, laugh and the world laughs with you. Fart and you stand alone!:bigsmile:

You can do this... be strong, love yourself, and give yourself the time you need to become all you want to be. It can't happen overnight:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

:heart: lulu
  • HealthyKt78
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I posted a new friend thanking everyone but I know everyone is on at different times so I thought I'd thank everyone on this thread too. You are always so helpful. This support system is great.