6 mile hike accomplished

Options
Hi Everyone...I just wanted to share that last weekend I did a 6 mile hike with my hubby in the woods (so all terrain). A year ago I would not have been able to make even 2 miles. I can't believe I did it and I'm so proud of myself. The last mile was extremely hard but that just makes me want to try it a couple more times to get it under my belt and then hopefully go further.
To all those out there with me tryin' to push through to health...you can do it, just put your mind to it and do it for yourself not anyone else!!! Best of luck :)

Replies

• ohraspberries13
    Options
    Thanks for the encouragement! And congrats!
  • anberlingasm
    Options
    Excellent, that's fantastic!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Awesome job! It's amazing what we can accomplish by pushing ourselves. Good for you :smile:
  • glenr79
    glenr79 Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    That's awesome!! In August I hiked 3, 14,000 ft mountains in Colorado. Was my dream to be able to hike way up there in the clouds and I finally got to do it!! Just took lots of stretching, some cliff bars, and a ton of water and fruits!
  • valloli
    valloli Posts: 17
    Options
    Thanks everyone :) Glen that's awesome!!!!
  • sarahsedai
    sarahsedai Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    that's awesome. :) i've been really good about going to the gym since i signed up last month, but the last week or so.. i've had this crazy urge to get outside and go on a hike! i'm gonna need to get on that!
  • valloli
    valloli Posts: 17
    Options
    go for it...it'll feel great :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!