Could use some extra motivation!

Options
I've been on this site for a while, and I haven't lost ANY weight. I'm rather disappointed but i still really want to keep trying. Am i doing something wrong? I'm eating well, lots of fruits and vegetables a day and a well rounded breakfast. And I try really hard to exercise as much as possible. Any tips? Also, this weekend is the Canadian thanksgiving, oh crap. A load of turkey, stuffing and pie. WHAT DO I DO? Also, on top of that i have to work my part time job every day this weekend so I barely have time to work out.

Please help me out, if you have any tips on diet or exercise or anything what so every , please feel free to add me.

Thanks ahead of time mfp users (:

Replies

• BreakinTheChains
    BreakinTheChains Posts: 381 Member
    Options
    can you possible open your food and exercise diary so we can help you.. maybe something your not seeing..
  • skcornett
    skcornett Posts: 169 Member
    Options
    Hi! First, feel free to add me for motivation. Are you checking your measurements? Those numbers seem to change more frequently than the scale. If not, start tracking some basic measurements and you may be pleasantly surprised.

The only other suggestion I have is to change what you are eating. I hit a plateau - doing everything right for exercise, calories, etc. But I tried to change up what I was eating - less sugar, carbs, more fiber. It worked for me.
  • bevsdietfor2011
    bevsdietfor2011 Posts: 361 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome!!! I also would suggest opening up your food diary! I would suggest along with the measurements to try to walk on your lunch hour, if you have stairs where you work go up and down them at least 2 or 3 times on your breaks etc, since you have such a hectic schedule I would try that. You also need to drink lots of water and try not to eat too much sodium Please feel free to add me as a friend if you would like to. I am learning stuff everyday and I am still struggling but I am still trying too!!! We CAN do this and we are all on the same journey!!!

Hugs
    Bev
  • fialaboi
    fialaboi Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hey! First of all, congratulations and props to you on making an effort! I'm curious as to how much you weight, and your height is. Because you may need to do more to really fight the fat. I am 5'5 and 282 lbs and its a lot easier for me to lose weight faster right now because my body burns calories faster. For someone who is 5'5 and weights 150 lbs, they are going to have to work a lot harder to drop weight, because if they were to do the same routine as me, they would merely be maintaining their weight. I wake up an hour earlier than I need to so I can do 30 minutes of cardio, 15 minutes of strength building, and then about 15 minutes of stretching, warming up and cooling down. So, if what you are doing isn't working, push yourself more. Don't eat less, figure out what your body needs to maintain its self using this sight and don't eat the extra calories you earn from exercising. Unless you want to bulk muscle up, and then you would want to eat them to build the muscle and what not. Be sure to be drinking plenty of water, its crazy how much my weight will fluctuate based on water. It usually takes two weeks to really show progress. ooo

For thanksgiving,eat what you want, but stick to your calories. If you want a little bit of everything, then do that. just be sure it really is a LITTLE bit of everything. If you really love stuffing, then eat more stuffing and less sweet potatoes. OR if you really want to pig out, throw in some extra cardio to compensate. Do you use the exercise tool in here? its amazing and has helped me alot! I've lost 10 pounds in the past two and a half months, which is a healthy steady pace. ( I don't want a bunch of nasty loose skin, and want to minimize that by doing it slowly)

Sorry this is so long, but I am super passionate about this and want to help others out as much as possible.
    Good luck.

and ps. have you been to the doctor as well? its always a great idea to get their opinion on things, as well as a nutritionist.
  • Leslye125
    Leslye125 Posts: 242 Member
    Options
    Hey there, yes, add me as well and I 2nd opening up your food diary. Yes it is EXTREMELY embarrassing and uncomfortable. Trust me, I know. However, sometime you may think you are doing something right or okay and it’s actually what is holding you back. Eating too much or, YES this is an issue to, eating TOO LITTLE. This site is amazing! I’ve been on a few others in the past, but the support, accountability and friendship I have found here is amazing. “Friend” people that you connect with, visit daily, hourly if you have the phone app. Trust me it helps. Find a friendly competition food/exercise that will motivate you. My walking/running challenge facilitator is awesome. She is very tough, in your face and on us all the time to get our miles in. I love her. Knowing that she is watching my every move and bite, makes me want to stay on track and not be called out. :wink: :flowerforyou:
  • avsingleton
    avsingleton Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    if u've been a member of mfp since 2010 and haven't lost any weight something is most definitely not right. i'll be happy to show u some support and help u out a bit. feel free to add me, but if u have a thin skin don't add me bc i shoot straight from the hip and don't know any other way. i'm just honest, genuine and sincere. :wink:
  • emilysavage123
    Options
    wow, thanks everyone!

my current weight is 149 lbs and i am 5 feet 3 inches. My goal weight is 125 lbs.

i never thought to check if i am losing inches. but i am going to start and measure my self today!
    ive heard it IS possible to lose inches without losing weight.
  • emilysavage123
    Options
    yes, but i only began in 2010 and i just recently started up again. i had lost 5 lbs over the summer with mfp and gained it all back and more. now im REALLY READY to lose the weight i want to (:
  • czechsmate
    czechsmate Posts: 556 Member
    Options
    Hi Emily...feel free to add me as a friend, I am 5' 4" and weighed 149 when I started 3 weeks ago, I have lost 5lbs so far. I try to get at least 30 mins of walking in at least 6 days a week and had some strenghth training as well. Maybe we can help each other, my goal weight is 125 too! :flowerforyou: