Need to lose 11.5 pounds by November 3rd! Possible?

Options
I'm moving home on November 3rd and I've put on a bit of weight in the last year. I haven't seen my friends and family in a while... they think I am exaggerating when I tell them I have put on a fair amount of weight. I'M NOT. I want to lose at least some of the weight by the time I return home. Could anyone recommend a diet plan I could go on in the next three and a half weeks? I really would like to lose 10 pounds or a little more :) I try to eat 1200 calories a day and I bike to and from work every day.

Replies

• PatientBearTiger
    Options
    If you only have a little bit of weight to lose - which, based on your ticker, is the case - there is no healthy way to lose that much weight that quickly. Plus, if you are biking to and from work every day, you need more than 1200 calories.
  • pinkandstars09
    Options
    advocare
  • Breadoholic
    Breadoholic Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    It's only 5 kgs... surely it's possibly. I'm thinking I may be a little hungry this month and then I'll get back to a balanced diet when I head home in order to slowly lose the last 4 kgs (or 8.5 pounds).
  • sexforjaffacakes
    sexforjaffacakes Posts: 1,001 Member
    Options
    Probably not, but try doint the 30day shred dvd, a lot of people have lost tons of inches doing that in only 30 days!
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Advocare?
  • newmommy2cash
    Options
    I recommend a very clean diet! That consist only of chicken, fish, other really lean meats, lots of vegetables, some fruits, nuts, and lots of water. I believe you can do it because I have lost 16 pounds in a month and my diet was not all that great. LOL! Get at least 4 - 5 days of workouts in a week. Also, eat 3 small meals a day with healthy snacks in between. You can do it!
  • natersmama
    Options
    weight isnt always an indicator of size when you look at someone. my sister and i are the same height. she weighs almost 2 lbs less than me, but while she wears a size 6 pants, i wear a size 2. the difference being i work with weights and cardio. while she doesnt do much of either. mainly nothing. and trust me its not frame size, my frame is bigger than hers.

having said that, doing a crash diet thats unsustainable and probably going to frustrate you, why dont you try doing some weight training? you'll most likely lose inches and a few pounds. but losing inches makes it look like you lost lots of weight without really doing so. and since you have almost 30 days i would recommend jillian micheals 30 day shred. there are many posts about it with result pics. good luck!
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Thanks guys! 16 pounds... that's amazing. I doubt I'll make 8 pounds :P I think I'm going to have to workout more! I work as a waitress and I can never be bothered doing anything after work because I'm exhausted. I just want to relax... AND EAT OR DRINK! :P
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    IF YOU HAVE THAT LITTLE TO LOSE, IT'S NOT GOING TO HAPPEN IN 3 1/2 WEEKS. Sorry, but it's true. You can try and find an unhealthy way to do it if you like but instead, I would suggest trying to lose 3-4 pounds, lose the rest afterwards and next time you have a deadline, start sooner. Your choice though.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    Such a weight lost that quickly wouldn't be healthy. Therefore advocating such a weight loss that quickly by one of the responders would be in violation of a forum rule. The other responses are good.

The time to figure out that there's a [fake] "deadline" is well before 3 weeks out.

With so little left to lose, it may be time to work on accepting slower weight loss AND (most important) admiring your body for where it is and what it can do now.
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    I'M ABOUT TO BUY JILLIAN MICHAEL'S 30 DAY SHRED DVD ONLINE NOW!

Hope it doesn't take too long to arrive at my house :P
  • JsGirl93
    JsGirl93 Posts: 1,156
    Options
    Again, that kind of weightloss, with so little to lose, would be unhealthy and unsustainable. Forget this deadline & work on healthy lifestyle/diet changes that will drop the weight & help keep it from coming back! Crash dieting is neither healthy nor sustainable.
  • jetscreaminagain
    jetscreaminagain Posts: 1,130 Member
    Options
    You can also get it today at target
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Well it may be a little amount for you guys... but my STARTING weight was only 64 kgs. I have binge eaten for like a year so I'm hoping one WHOLE month of not binge eating and being very strict with what goes into my mouth will immediately result in at least 5 pounds coming off without me trying too hard (fitness wise). I'm naturally 55 kgs... so lets hope my body realises that I'm trying to get back to normal, ey.
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    I'm betting the Target in the town I'm living won't stock any fitness dvds lol... trust me! :P
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    Well it may be a little amount for you guys... but my STARTING weight was only 64 kgs. I have binge eaten for like a year so I'm hoping one WHOLE month of not binge eating and being very strict with what goes into my mouth will immediately result in at least 5 pounds coming off without me trying too hard (fitness wise). I'm naturally 55 kgs... so lets hope my body realises that I'm trying to get back to normal, ey.

You can hope all you want, but that's not how it works. If you want results, you are going to have to commit and put in some time and some work. Diet is a huge part of the equation so eating healthy will have an effect but you are not going to lose 10+ pounds in 3 weeks in any healthy manner when you are at the weight you are.
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Yeah okay party pooper. Well lets see where I'm at on Thursday when I weigh in. If I'm down to 59-60 on that day then I'd suspect I could make 57 by November 3rd. 56 is probably pushing it!
  • Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    You asked if people thought it was possible, but when many people told you they didn't think it was, you began disagreeing with them. Why did you even ask if you only wanted people to tell you what you wanted to hear?

I don't understand.
  • PatientBearTiger
    Options
    You asked if people thought it was possible, but when many people told you they didn't think it was, you began disagreeing with them. Why did you even ask if you only wanted people to tell you what you wanted to hear?

I don't understand.

^^^This. It's not being a party pooper. It's being realistic and attempting to give good and healthy advice rather than enabling an unhealthy idea.
  • Breadoholic
    Options
    Hahahaha okay you guys are just way too serious for me! Okay well you all think it's impossible... good to know, good to know! Well I got zero advice on how I could lose at least some of it - oh except from the girl who said to stick to veggies, lean meats, chicken and fish. I will definitely try that. Anyway I just purchased Jillian's DVD so we'll see how much weight I'll shed in 30 days.