cant eat fruit and vegetables? :(

Options
i've always hated fruit and vegetables as a child, and it needs to stop! i will try make smoothies and make soups.. but how can i introduce whole (not liquidized) vegetables and fruit into my diet? i need help!

Replies

• withchaco
    withchaco Posts: 1,026 Member
    Options
    What kinds of fruits and veggies have you tried before you decided you didn't like them? There are so many. I'm a picky eater and there are many things I won't touch (cucumber, for one!), but even I have favorite fruits and veggies. Walk into the grocery store, and I'm sure you'll find some fruits that you've never eaten before.

I eat more veggies now, but even before I started trying to eat healthy, Korean BBQ (kalbi/ galbi) with fresh red lettuce leaves was one of my absolute favorite foods. It still is!

Burgers loaded with veggies is also a decent starting point, if you're a burger lover...
  • philosohoe
    philosohoe Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    My suggestion is start simple with a taste that you like. If you're a sweet person, try adding fresh blueberries, plums, or peaches to your cereal. I go with 1/2 cup cereal, 1/2 cup blueberries, 1/2 cup milk. A lot of people try adding strawberries to make something sweet, but strawberries that are ripe enough actually make things more bitter; plus blueberries are a great antioxidant as well. If you are more into savory flavors, try cucumber or celery with pita chips and hummus. Celery is actually relatively high in sodium for a vegetable, but it is an awesome source of potassium too, so it's worth the effort.:smile:

Small changes, big results, right? You can do it. :flowerforyou: