Big "ol FAIL

Options
i have been doing so well really really well but tonight my mother talked me into going out with her to a banquest. family style dinner and everything I did ok with the dinner i ate ok. nothing horrid there. but then I proceeded to eat not one not two but THREE pastries for desert. UGHHH. I'm over by almost 300! :explode: :explode: :explode: why did I let myself do that. i finally got the scale moving in the right direction and I go an binge on sugar custards and coconut cakes. dang it.
on the brighter side, i made my mom dance with me for a good 45 minutes and I mean really dance the same moves on my aerobics tapes. I would have been even more over if not for that i feel really sad that I screwed this up:cry::sad:

Replies

• mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    i have been doing so well really really well but tonight my mother talked me into going out with her to a banquest. family style dinner and everything I did ok with the dinner i ate ok. nothing horrid there. but then I proceeded to eat not one not two but THREE pastries for desert. UGHHH. I'm over by almost 300! :explode: :explode: :explode: why did I let myself do that. i finally got the scale moving in the right direction and I go an binge on sugar custards and coconut cakes. dang it.
    on the brighter side, i made my mom dance with me for a good 45 minutes and I mean really dance the same moves on my aerobics tapes. I would have been even more over if not for that i feel really sad that I screwed this up:cry::sad:
  • jdlove
    jdlove Posts: 32 Member
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up over one evening. I am guessing that we have all done the same once or twice. Tomorrow is another day. :smile:
  • nades33
    nades33 Posts: 14
    Options
    Just get right back to it tomorrow and don't stress about it. The more you beat yourself up about it your body will believe what you have just feed it is much worse for it then it actually is. I hope that makes sense.... I am not saying to be upset but the past is in the past and you can only work on what you do tomorrow. Journal how you felt emotionally and physically after eating it...was it worth it? If anything it is a great learning tool for the next time you go to dinner and are faced with the same situation. For now enjoy what you ate and just try to make better choices tomorrow. We are all human and we all make decisions we wish we hadn't....keep your chin up and dont punish yourself it will only make it worse.
  • mommachag
    mommachag Posts: 318
    Options
    thanks guys.
    :heart:

after doing a little research one of the pastries isn't as bad as I thought it was thinking that i shouldnt eat them at all that sent me over the egde. they have less calorie wise then my favorite creme brule. so it's an extra strict commitment to be super healthy for the next 3 days
  • The_Crazy_Redhead
    Options
    i've gone over my calories 3 times so far, but this is also my first time actually dieting. As long as you get right back to what you where doing before, everything should be fine :heart:
  • cbrooks66
    cbrooks66 Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    I've incorporated a "cheat" day where I can have a treat. Consider it your cheat day... :)