Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Apartment living and p90x

I have recently moved into an apartment. How can I do p90x without making hanging light fixtures sway and sounding like a herd of charging rinos?

Replies

• skylark94
    skylark94 Posts: 2,036 Member
    I'm no help, but can relate. I had to give up a couple of my favorite exercises when I lived on the 2nd floor. Fortunately, I'm now in a 1st floor unit and our complex has a really nice gym.
  • amckenny
    amckenny Posts: 22 Member
    While it's nice out, do the jumping exercises outside. Otherwise, what I did when I lived on the 3rd floor was just took more time (pausing when necessary) to make sure that I'm landing softly rather than trying to keep pace with Tony and crew. Other than that; don't know.
  • misssiri
    misssiri Posts: 335 Member
    Does your complex have a gym? Bring a laptop and do it there.
  • inspiration345
    inspiration345 Posts: 218 Member
    Apartments suck. I live in one. Sometimes I wish to live in a house just so that I can do all my workouts at home. I haven't started doing P90X yet, mostly because I don't have any of the required equipment. I am doing Insanity these days and I really try to not hop hard on the floor. I have already gotten a warning once from the people downstairs for making noise. It sucks but gyms are expensive and the weather is bad to do things outdoors.
  • LOL! I am in the same situation for right until we move! I am not doing P90X but I am working out to a DVD that is basically calisthenics and plyo. We live on the 3rd floor. The mountain climbers and burpees are usually compromised. I usually try to be light on my toes and the faster I go, the lower the measure on the richter scale. :smile:
  • binary_jester
    binary_jester Posts: 3,311 Member
    LOL! I am in the same situation for right until we move! I am not doing P90X but I am working out to a DVD that is basically calisthenics and plyo. We live on the 3rd floor. The mountain climbers and burpees are usually compromised. I usually try to be light on my toes and the faster I go, the lower the measure on the richter scale. :smile:
    I wish I could be light on my toes, but I guess that's why I am here.
  • luvmycandies
    luvmycandies Posts: 489 Member
    I have same issue. I just try not to do it so late at night or early in am. I also told neighbor to let me know if it bothers her. I thought telling her ahead of time would smooth things out.