Books on Nutrition

Options
Hey guys. =) Im actually getting really interested in nutrition and was wondering if anyone had any good books to read about it, similar to but not exactly a reference book. Im not looking for a diet book, but something that can give me more information on food, portion size, vitamins, macronutrients (carbs proteins fats) etc, just so I can learn more about it. Thanks =)

Replies

• tifmarie9
    tifmarie9 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    The China Study is amazing and very enlightening regarding nutrition.
  • konerusp
    konerusp Posts: 247 Member
    Options
    if your goal is to lose more weight- i found "making the cut" helpful- few tips that would help losing the last few stubborn pounds
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Girth Control by Alan Aragon.
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    I find Steves advice and information on this site very useful...
    http://body-improvements.com/resources/eat/
  • Misiaxcore
    Misiaxcore Posts: 659 Member
    Options
    bump (:
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options
    I like some politics (read: industry bashing) mixed in with my nutrition education:

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
    In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
    Food Politics by Marion Nestle
    What to Eat by Marion Nestle (both of these books by her are massive but easily devoured)
    Real Food by Nina Planck
    Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
    Food Matters by Mark Bittman

Have fun!
  • bellawares
    bellawares Posts: 558 Member
    Options
    I've read tons of books on nutrition over the years but these are my favorites.

Eat To Live by Joel Furman, M.D. (Everyone should have a copy of this book!)

Super Immunity by Joel Furman, M. D. (This just came out this September. It's on my list to read)

The China Study by T. Colin Campbell, PhD (2nd this one!)

Body Mind and Sport by John Douillard (All his books are great)

the Water Secret by Howard Murad, M.D.

Superfoods The Food And Medicine Of The Future by David Wolfe ( All his books are great)

The Body Solution by Tom Venuto (Not really a nutritional book but one about weight loss and emotional eating)

The Omega Diet by Artemis P. Simopoulos, M.D. ( Not really a diet book but great info on the Omega 3 / 6 ratios)
  • sinclare
    sinclare Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    I like some politics (read: industry bashing) mixed in with my nutrition education:

The Omnivore's Dilemma by Michael Pollan
    In Defense of Food by Michael Pollan
    Food Politics by Marion Nestle
    What to Eat by Marion Nestle (both of these books by her are massive but easily devoured)
    Real Food by Nina Planck
    Fast Food Nation by Eric Schlosser
    Food Matters by Mark Bittman

Have fun!

can't really improve on this :)

though I found an old book this week called "the american food scandal" by william robbins... from the 70's. none of what is going on today is new :(