Drinking Water While Eating?

Options
Hi everyone!
So today I drank a lot of water(more than I normally do) while eating. I now feel bloated and really full, and I was wondering if it is detrimental to weight loss by doing this...? I wasn't drinking a high-cal soft drink or something, yet I read somewhere that if you guzzle down water like there's a drought and eat, you're body can't burn calories as well/food just sits there and doesn't get burned off? I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous but I have to know! :D
Thank you all!

Replies

• Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Water intake will not effect calories-out. Water intake MAY effect the amount of calories IN since for some people, water will blunt hunger and cause you to eat less.

Short answer- don't worry about it, drink your water.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    Yes drink water!
  • Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone!
    So today I drank a lot of water(more than I normally do) while eating. I now feel bloated and really full, and I was wondering if it is detrimental to weight loss by doing this...? I wasn't drinking a high-cal soft drink or something, yet I read somewhere that if you guzzle down water like there's a drought and eat, you're body can't burn calories as well/food just sits there and doesn't get burned off? I'm sorry if this sounds ridiculous but I have to know! :D
    Thank you all!

Water will just create the bloat affect, but WILL not hinder fat/weight loss. Everyone holds water differently, some more than others. Just continue drinking your normal rate of water and don't stress over it. Water is calorie free! Should be the last thing on your mind to worry about when losing weight.
  • Natley
    Natley Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Water intake will not effect calories-out. Water intake MAY effect the amount of calories IN since for some people, water will blunt hunger and cause you to eat less.

Short answer- don't worry about it, drink your water.
  • sail059
    Options
    Water actually helps the metabolism! Sorry to sound blunt but it helps you pass food better (bowel movements) and for many it gives a sense of satiety. Follow this link please and you will see how it works : )

http://www.sciencenews.org/sn_arc99/4_24_99/fob3.htm
  • smartness
    Options
    Don't worry about the bloat, just make sure you keep drinking enough water up to 6-8 glasses daily.
  • siabevis
    siabevis Posts: 811
    Options
    I drink a glass before each meal!