Weight loss and tattoo's

Options
Hey all -

I've been wanting to get another tattoo soon, not sure quite where I want to put it yet, but I'm not done losing weight yet so my question is:
Do I wait until I go into "maintain" mode or is it safe to go ahead and get one?

Thanks!

Replies

• Raf702
    Raf702 Posts: 196 Member
    Options
    Get one asap! Lol, no need to wait. Get inked when your ready. I have ink work on my left forearm, and have plans to do a lot more tattoo work. People are afraid that tattoos will be too stretched out etc. It all depends on how much a person loses and gains. If your at the stage where your already maintaining your weight and know you won't gain 50lbs or so. You shouldn't worry, not even 10 or 15lbs will make a difference in how your tattoo will look.
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    I'm at a place where I need to lose about another 40lbs which was why I was questioning whether I should wait or not.
  • ischmelle
    ischmelle Posts: 203 Member
    Options
    I got a tattoo on the side of my stomach before I was done losing weight and I have not noticed any difference in it since. I have lost an additional 20 pounds since then and I am glad I got it when I did. Raf702 gave great advice, "Get inked when you're ready." Great luck and how exciting! A new tattoo!! :bigsmile:
  • TattoodTemptress
    Options
    i have around 14-15 tattoos now and i too have wondered this.........i think they will actually look better as we lose weight- as the skin will then be tighter and more toned.....
    unless your planning on putting it somewhere where might go wrinkley and saggy like boobs or stomach etc
    not sure if that helps or not ...but why wait
  • KBrenOH
    KBrenOH Posts: 704 Member
    Options
    Thanks! I've been wanting another for about a year and I figure what a great reward for myself!
  • kyle4jem
    kyle4jem Posts: 1,400 Member
    Options
    I'm at a place where I need to lose about another 40lbs which was why I was questioning whether I should wait or not.
    if you've any doubts... wait!

I'm not anti-tatts... have a couple myself and plan to get another once I hit my goal and maintain for 6 month

Trust your instincts. :wink:
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    When I was "thin", I got a tattoo thats on my lower tummy to the side, that winds up around my side and up to my shoulder. I gained about 30-40lbs and it didn't stretch or anything. And now that I'm almost to my goal, it still looks the same as before.

Soo... I'd say get one!!!!
  • sleepytexan
    sleepytexan Posts: 3,138 Member
    Options
    Get one asap! Lol, no need to wait. Get inked when your ready. I have ink work on my left forearm, and have plans to do a lot more tattoo work. People are afraid that tattoos will be too stretched out etc. It all depends on how much a person loses and gains. If your at the stage where your already maintaining your weight and know you won't gain 50lbs or so. You shouldn't worry, not even 10 or 15lbs will make a difference in how your tattoo will look.
    \

this guy is a troll