What is currently motivating you??

Options
Hello everyone, I was wondering what is currently motivating you?

What is motivating me? My future, Avoiding health problems due to my overweight, looking great, feeling great for summer 2012 or for any other event that may pass my way. Last but not least my soon to come wedding.

Good Luck Everyone! *Stay Positive*

Replies

• marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Those size 10 jeans hanging on my closet and a bunch of other clothes that I bought that do not fit yet. I'm soooooooo getting there!
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    My wedding!! :) May 12,2012
  • TamaraGraceS
    TamaraGraceS Posts: 273 Member
    Options
    My size 29 jeans I bought todat:) I have lost 72 lbs and have only another 28 to go.
  • arw060310
    arw060310 Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    I have two things motivating me:

1) I haven't bought new clothes in about 3 years, so I'm looking forward to December when I can buy some new ones!
    2) Showing off my "new" body to my husband when he comes home from Afghanistan in a few months =]
  • quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Well, quite a few things actually! Proving to myself that I can actually do it. (I've tried and failed MANY times). I want to rub it in the faces of those skinny b*****s that used to be my "friends". To look super hot for my boyfriend and 21st birthday. To be able to say, "yeah, I'm a runner and I'm healthy". :)
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    The way I am currently feeling, the increase in energy, and I am not going to lie I like the fact that I have to pull my pants up regularly 8-)
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Keeping my eye on the prize --- my short term goal is a 10 pound loss by Halloween!!
  • lindasain
    lindasain Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I wish I had a wedding coming but not yet i think it is from friends and family seeing my weight loss and my work in doing it one step at a time. most of all mfp
  • sarahkatara
    sarahkatara Posts: 826 Member
    Options
    Wanting to love what I see in the mirror long-term, not just for a month or two; my wedding! (date unknown, but it's coming up whenever it is and I want to be ready!); long-term health. I did enough damage to my body in the years I was actively anorexic. I want my body to be healthy at a reasonable weight; and of course, i want to feel SEXY! in whatever i wear at whatever time of day. :D
  • dobarber
    dobarber Posts: 611 Member
    Options
    Obesity related illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure... the list goes on. My family especially since I want to be able to see my kids grow up and be able to spend the rest of my LONG life with my wife and the fact that before I started losing weight I had absolutely no energy to do anything. It was even a chore to get up off the couch to go eat. Now I'm down 22 pounds and have more energy. Food's no longer in control. I am.
  • HMonsterX
    HMonsterX Posts: 3,000 Member
    Options
    Nothing at the moment. Losing weight and healthy eating is the last thing on my mind atm.
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 827 Member
    Options
    Lowering my cholesterol and being healthy!
  • tattooedtwiin
    Options
    a picture :blushing:
  • waylandcool
    waylandcool Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Avoiding the long term back and knee problems that several people I know have gone through as they get older. I want to be healthy and active long past 70 years old.
  • paulahhhh
    paulahhhh Posts: 283
    Options
    My sister's wedding in January. She supposedly ordered me a size 6-8 dress or something.. But I think it's one of those Two Birds convertible dresses that David Tutera loves! LOL I only have this hint b/c she said that it'll look great on everyone's body shape. We'll find out at Thanksgiving!!

Also.. My MFP family that seems to keep growing everyday :D

And lastly, my future.
  • ahavoc
    ahavoc Posts: 464 Member
    Options
    this donut thing that's around my middle. I didn't ask for it, but I got it, and I want to get rid of it.
  • haeden
    haeden Posts: 183 Member
    Options
    I have two things motivating me:

1) I haven't bought new clothes in about 3 years, so I'm looking forward to December when I can buy some new ones!
    2) Showing off my "new" body to my husband when he comes home from Afghanistan in a few months =]
    That is so exciting!!
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Obesity related illnesses like diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure... the list goes on. My family especially since I want to be able to see my kids grow up and be able to spend the rest of my LONG life with my wife and the fact that before I started losing weight I had absolutely no energy to do anything. It was even a chore to get up off the couch to go eat. Now I'm down 22 pounds and have more energy. Food's no longer in control. I am.

OMG! We have almost the same bio! Except I have a hubby, not a wife.
  • balancebean
    balancebean Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Wish we could delete posts we screw up on.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    Future, half marathon for charity, my health, holidays, and everyone on here! :D