Good carbs???

Options
Hi im just wondering i wouldnt be happy to cut out carbs as i've read alot of posts on the topic and totally agree its not the best idea but was just wondering - im sure i saw something about getting your carbs in a better way - so are there better ways/foods to get your daily carbs??? and if so what are they????

Also i was wondering - im pretty sure its not a good thing to be under on you fats, and carbs on your diary but i always am - usually fine meeting the calories and the proien but the other 2 i seem to lack - not majorly but just wanted to know if this was bad???
Thanks for any help!:flowerforyou:
124025.png
Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter

Replies

• lucmclaren381
    Options
    Hi im just wondering i wouldnt be happy to cut out carbs as i've read alot of posts on the topic and totally agree its not the best idea but was just wondering - im sure i saw something about getting your carbs in a better way - so are there better ways/foods to get your daily carbs??? and if so what are they????

Also i was wondering - im pretty sure its not a good thing to be under on you fats, and carbs on your diary but i always am - usually fine meeting the calories and the proien but the other 2 i seem to lack - not majorly but just wanted to know if this was bad???
    Thanks for any help!:flowerforyou:
    124025.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Calorie Counter
  • Channy
    Channy Posts: 1
    Options
    Try complex carbs such as brown rice, bulgar wheat, rye bread, porridge. Rather then simple carbs (over processed and send sugar into your blood stream too quickly therefore makeing you crave food later in day) these would include white bread, cakes, biscuts etc. After a while you find that you don't get the crashes you get after eating loads of "bad carbs". I also finds it helps with bloating as I know get a lot less!! :smile:
  • sanifrey
    sanifrey Posts: 2,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome & congrats on your success! MFP offers us guidelines to follow & I think that staying as close to those guidelines as we can will make us successful! Unless we eat the same thing everyday our calorie, fat & protein intake will fluctuate. That's normal. The key is to try to stay as balanced as possible. Using whole foods, grains, fresh veggies, lean meats & being balanced with all those is the key!
    Good luck on meeting all your goals!! :flowerforyou:
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    Essentially when people talk about bad carbs they are referring to carbs that come from sugary foods like cakes, candy, cookies and other snacks and desserts, and white flour products like white rice, breads and pastas. If you're looking to cut out these "bad carbs" try to switch to whole grain products like wholegrain brown rice, breads and pastas. Instead of sugary foods and desserts, eat more fruits and yogurts. Most vegetables also contain carbs, replace sugary snacks with raw veggies and dip. There are tons of things you can try to help you limit the intake of "bad carbs" but at the same time don't force yourself to eliminate them completely. I mean... life's ot worth living to me if I can NEVER have chocolate, lol :flowerforyou:
  • AmyNVegas
    AmyNVegas Posts: 2,215 Member
    Options
    Hey :smile: dark chocolate can be very healthy and full of fiber!:bigsmile: I used to be terrified of carbs because low carb/Atkins had been pounded into my head from the age of 4 yes 4 and by doctors at NIH in Bethesda<MD no less. What they didn't know at the time was that all carbs were not created equal. There is a great book out called "Good Carbs,Bad Carbs" I read last year and it really helped me start to reindoctrinate myself, is that even a real word :laugh: oh well. It taught me that the reason I had a problem processing carbs and storing them as fat instead of burning them was due to too much insulin production because the carbs I was eating turned to sugar really fast and caused a dumping of insulin. If you stick to grains and carbs in their whole grain state you slow the absorption because your body takes longer to break it down and the fiber also slows the absorption so less insulin is produced when you eat them and you use them more efficiently as fuel instead of packing them away as fat. So don't be afraid of carbs just make sure you eat the right ones 95% of the time and the bad ones for a treat but not in excess. :happy:

Amy:bigsmile:
    118984.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • lucmclaren381
    Options
    :flowerforyou: Thanks every1, your all so helpful! x