Easy Ground Turkey Recipes??

Options
taramarie123
taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
Looking for some easy, but good ground turkey recipes that I can make for my family. Any ideas???

Thanks!!

Replies

• sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    skinnytaste.com has a section just for ground turkey!
  • branflake5
    Options
    u can make sloppy josephs, very easy 1lb ground turkey 1 can manwich/sloppy joe sauce. also meatloaf with ground turkey is very yummy
  • wbgolden
    wbgolden Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    sloppy josephs

so formal :)
  • khoffman26
    Options
    Hungry Girl's Turkey burger recipes! you just mix in onion soup mix!
  • daniellesb1
    daniellesb1 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    sloppy josephs

so formal :)

HHHHHAHAHAHAHA cute !
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    i use it the same way id use ground beef.
    burgers, tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, meatloaf (i actually make a really good turkey/quinoa meatlof) etc. i try not to use store bought taco seasoning and sloppy joe sauce because its so easy to make at home and easier to control ingredients.
  • saraann752003
    Options
    I substitute it for anything that calls for ground beef, no one is the wiser...
  • sandi228
    sandi228 Posts: 72 Member
    Options
    put ground turkey in the search above and you should find tons of recipes. I posted a chili recipe that my picky husband even liked.
  • Jade_Butterfly
    Jade_Butterfly Posts: 2,963 Member
    Options
    http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/giada-de-laurentiis/turkey-meatloaf-with-feta-and-sun-dried-tomatoes-recipe/index.html

Love this recipe use it all the time. . Although I add a touch of cayenne.. .skip the salt and I use oatmeal instead of the bread crumbs.

So good though and takes very little time. . Happy cooking!
  • rockerbabyy
    rockerbabyy Posts: 2,258 Member
    Options
    Turkey Quinoa Meatloaf

1/4 cup quinoa
    1/2 cup water
    1 teaspoon olive oil
    1 small onion, chopped
    1 large clove garlic, chopped
    1 (20 ounce) package ground turkey
    1 tablespoon tomato paste
    1 tablespoon hot pepper sauce
    2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 egg
    1 1/2 teaspoons salt
    1 teaspoon ground black pepper
    2 tablespoons brown sugar
    2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
    1 teaspoon water

Directions

Bring the quinoa and water to a boil in a saucepan over high heat. Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the quinoa is tender, and the water has been absorbed, about 15 to 20 minutes. Set aside to cool.
    Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
    Heat the olive oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in the onion; cook and stir until the onion has softened and turned translucent, about 5 minutes. Add the garlic and cook for another minute; remove from heat to cool.
    Stir the turkey, cooked quinoa, onions, tomato paste, hot sauce, 2 tablespoons Worcestershire, egg, salt, and pepper in a large bowl until well combined. The mixture will be very moist. Shape into a loaf on a foil lined baking sheet. Combine the brown sugar, 2 teaspoons Worcestershire, and 1 teaspoon water in a small bowl. Rub the paste over the top of the meatloaf.
    Bake in the preheated oven until no longer pink in the center, about 50 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 160 degrees F (70 degrees C). Let the meatloaf cool for 10 minutes before slicing and serving.

Amount Per Serving

Calories: 286

Total Fat: 13.3g
    Cholesterol: 126mg
    Sodium: 991mg
    Total Carbs: 15.2g
    Dietary Fiber: 1.1g
    Protein: 25.3g
  • taramarie123
    taramarie123 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    Thanks Everyone!! I really appreciate the ideas!
  • pink59eldo
    Options
    i use it the same way id use ground beef.
    burgers, tacos, spaghetti, sloppy joes, meatloaf (i actually make a really good turkey/quinoa meatlof) etc. i try not to use store bought taco seasoning and sloppy joe sauce because its so easy to make at home and easier to control ingredients.

I'm the same way. Turkey is the best thing ever-especially when it's on sale! Turkey meatloaf is great because I don't like regular meatloaf. I don't use ketchup and I put in a lot of extra chopped up veggies. I found a recipe on skinnytaste.com for Asian turkey meatballs. Sounds sooo good, I'm going to make it this week :)
  • jennarandhayes
    jennarandhayes Posts: 456 Member
    Options
    These meatloaf muffins are AWESOME and a great way to get in extra veggies! I made several changes, ie using egg whites instead of whole eggs, omitting oat bran and oats, adding flax meal and using pasta sauce instead of canned tomatoes. With my changes they came out to 85 cals per muffin.

http://recipes.sparkpeople.com/recipe-detail.asp?recipe=747480
  • carriem29
    Options
    I make lasagna cupcakes that are the Emily Bites website. I can easily make 12 of them on Sunday and have dinner for serveral nights in the week. (They taste even better the day after making them) :)
  • bethgarzonie
    Options
    Really good meatballs.... GRound turkey, lots of veggies (mushrooms, zucchini, onions, bell pepper, jalapenos,tomato, califlower,etc), finely chopped or food processed. Add 1/4 to 1/2 cup bread crumbs, an egg or two, and some ketchup if you like.I always add garlic, pepper, and basil. Cook in a skillet til almost done, then add the sauce. I use sun dried tomato dressing (there is a fat free one) or a combination of what I have in the fridge. They are awesome and healthy.
  • hermhenry
    hermhenry Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Here's a recipe I got from a Betty Crocker Slow Cooker Cookbook. It's my favorite!!

Turkey and Brown Rice Chili

1 T. vegetable oil
    3/4 pound ground turkey breast
    1 large onion, chopped (1 cup)
    2 can (14 1/2 oz. each) diced tomatoes, undrained
    1 can (15-16 oz.) kidney beans, rinsed and drained
    1/2 cup water
    1 T. sugar
    2 t. chili powder
    1 t. ground cumin
    1/2 t. salt
    2 c. cooked brown rice

Heat oil in 12 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook turkey and onion in oil about 5 min, stirring frequently, until turkey is no longer pink; drain.

Mix turkey mixture and remaining ingredients except rice in 3 1/2 to 6 quart slow cooker.

Cover and cook on low heat setting 8-10 hours (or high heat setting 4-5 hours).

Stir in rice. Cover and cook on high heat setting about 15 min longer or until rice is hot. 6 servings.

(Of course, I usually double this cause it's so good.)