You look fantastic!
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    Congrats! You look great!
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Wow! It's amazing how the weight put years on you! You look so much younger! Great work!
  • grannygethealthy1111
    Options
    It was very difficult to post those morbidly obese pictures of myself. If it helps one person, it is worth the embarrassment. I especially want all seniors to know that it is never to late. I was losing my mobility and thinking of getting a wheelchair because I was having trouble walking across the room due to my weight. I have the double whammy of being short at 5'1" tall. I could not cut my toenails or shave my legs anymore. I was having such difficulty breathing. Day before yesterday I ran 2 miles! Can you believe that? It gave me the highest of highs! Losing weight is a GIFT everyone should give to themselves. Now I can participate in all of the activities with my grandchildren. I feel so blessed and experience such joy each day. My cholesterol is only 150 now. My blood pressure is 99/52 this morning and my pulse 68. I take NO medication other than a multivitamin daily. One of the byproducts of losing so much weight is you look better. People actually don't recognize me anymore. That gives this old gal a thrill! Hee! Hee! All these fad diets work temporarily, but the weight returns. Losing weight permanently is about changing your lifestyle. It has to come off the same way you put it on ... one pound at a time. Exercise is the KEY. I hated it at first. I cursed at God, I cursed at my husband, and I certainly did not like it. It was embarrassing ... I didn't know my darn calves could flap in the wind. Some parts of losing weight were funny, some not so funny. What didn't work, I discarded. Everyone has to find the right combination for them ... in calories, in exercise, etc. I tried Zumba my first week on the diet. That God I didn't take pictures of that! That is definitely not for seniors that are 100 pounds overweight. It is on my list of things I want to do and I will shake it with the youngsters one day soon. Be kind to yourselves during this journey. You CAN do this!

"You must take personal responsibility.
    You cannot change the circumstances,
    the seasons, or the wind, but
    you can change yourself"
    - Jim Rohn
  • cmDaffy
    cmDaffy Posts: 6,991 Member
    Options
    You are TOTALLY wonderful!!!
  • Cooriander
    Cooriander Posts: 2,848 Member
    Options
    Wow!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!