Michael Jackson's son

Options
christine24t
christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
http://omg.yahoo.com/news/michael-jacksons-daughter-paris-wears-thriller-jacket-at-tribute-concert/74102

Just saw this article and I have to say: His third child's name is not Blanket!! Why does the press do this? I understand that his real name is not known, but this is just disrespectful to the boy.

ETA: A simple search on Wikipedia shows his name is Prince Michael Jackson II. So why do they keep calling him Blanket?

Replies

• Contrarian
    Contrarian Posts: 8,138 Member
    Options
    That is what MJ called him. A nickname, like. I'm just glad he didn't call the child "Mattress".
  • mrmanmeat
    mrmanmeat Posts: 1,968 Member
    Options
    Does he like to touch little boys too?
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    Because thats what his freaky daddy called him
  • glittermouse
    glittermouse Posts: 590 Member
    Options
    I often wonder the same thing. My family is big on nick-names and most of them don't make sense. In fact, several of them seem downright strange to someone not in the know.

I think the media continually does it to make MJ seem as strange as possible. Celebrity wackiness sells, right? And who better?
    . . . just my 2 cents.
  • briehill
    Options
    @glittermouse: I love your rabbit!!!!
  • hamncheese67
    hamncheese67 Posts: 1,715 Member
    Options
    I thought it had to do with when the boy was a baby and MJ was showing him out the window wrapped in a blanket.
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    I thought it had to do with when the boy was a baby and MJ was showing him out the window wrapped in a blanket.

It is but he has a real name!!
  • macpatti
    macpatti Posts: 4,280 Member
    Options
    I knew his name was Prince and that Blanket was his nickname. Not sure if MJ called him Blanket or if the media just went with it. The media can make anything appear creepy.......especially if it already is somewhat!