Great alternative for salad dressings!!!

Options
Just thought I'd pass this along. I LOVE eating salads but hate the extra calories on dressings. I just tried the Wishbone brand Salad Spritzers and am very happy I did! One spray essentially equals one calorie. I had two cups of salad with tomatoes and only needed ten sprays for even coverage. The salad tasted great! There are three kinds so far: Balsamic Vinagerette, Italian and Ranch.

Thought I'd pass it along. Thanks for reading my post!

Replies

• Kellie0710
    Kellie0710 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I will have to try those one day =)
  • jannah22
    Options
    YUM! Thanks for sharing! :)
  • Nyrissa
    Nyrissa Posts: 40
    Options
    I know a few people who juice a lemon and pour that over the salad instead of dressing. :)
  • Healthyby30
    Healthyby30 Posts: 1,349 Member
    Options
    I LOVE the ranch!
  • SunLove8
    SunLove8 Posts: 693 Member
    Options
    I've been really wanting to try those and now I'm for sure going to :wink: Thanks!
  • Alee4nia
    Alee4nia Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    my favorite is fresh squeezed lemon with a dash of salt and pepper!! Yummo...makes anything taste great!
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    Great idea, thanks :happy:

I saw another tip on MFP that works too. When you're in a restaurant, ask for the dressing on the side, then dip your fork in the dressing before you stab your salad, the tines of the fork pick up a tiny amount of dressing, enough for flavour, not too much though! Person who gave out the tip said he/she barely gets through a teaspoon of dressing this way! :love:

One other thought, I have seen canister thingamies in the shops that you can fill will your own olive oil and spray it, I spose you could put your favourite dressing in there? Have to strain it though, or the herby bits might block it up.:flowerforyou:

Yay for salad dressing! :wink:
  • Mynue_Jeens
    Mynue_Jeens Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I've been meaning to to try these myself and thanks to you I'm reminded. I'll pick some up tomorrow :)
  • 99Tinkerbell
    Options
    Good tip!
  • mznelle
    mznelle Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    yea the spritzers are great...they are being discontinued i believe...stop and shop had then on clearance for about $2.
  • elfie9863
    elfie9863 Posts: 337
    Options
    I have been using these for quite a while. And...the one made by Paul Newman...I think it's called Newman's Best...is really really the best tasting. I like all of them though.
  • caramkoala
    caramkoala Posts: 303 Member
    Options
    ...if the a being discontinued...

Everyone go buy some now and keep and refill the bottles!
  • renee474
    renee474 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tip. I've seen them in the store but haven't tried them yet. I also do the fork trick in restaurants. I use very little dressing that way and it's all I need really. I don't like my salad to be drenched anyway.
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    Not really sure. I think some stores discontinued the line and others discountinued just certain flavors. I was able to buy mine from Walmart no problem, and they were priced normal at 1.87, no closeout price. So I dont know. Wishbone still has them listed as an available item on their Web site.
  • jojonesnz
    jojonesnz Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    yum! i usually just have lemon juice and pepper but its good to know that there are other tasty things out there for when i get bored and want a change:)
  • dreambig_gohome
    dreambig_gohome Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    I'm not a fan of lemon, actually, so these are GREAT alternatives. I wish my life was so simple as to squirt lemon juice on lettuce and call it good! haha. Glad a lot of people are going to try them. I bought them on a whim and was definitely pleasantly surprised. The basalmic was fantastic.
  • ctprofessional
    ctprofessional Posts: 63 Member
    Options
    I love the balsamic breeze!!!!!!

I also do the fork thing when I'm out and it works really well!
  • brian5308
    brian5308 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Seems like they are now officially discontinued. can find them on amazon for $9 a bottle, but that's about it.

I swear, every product I love gets discontinued.