Nights

Hello! I work nights and am a little worried about my food diary! It goes by days, well I often eat "split days". I'll eat "breakfast" when I get up around 2 pm and not have my " dinner" till like 3 am. Well it's the " next day" in my diary but not for me! So, any suggestions on how to make this work?

Thank you!

Replies

• chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    I base my food diary on MY schedule. I work 2nd shift - which means I tend to work late, stay up late and get up late. I ignore that it rolls to a new day at midnight and make it so my days go from when I wake up until when I go to sleep. Yes, it'll roll over at midnight - but I just back it up to the previous day.
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Mariahp23, you can change your settings and title them in whatever way works best for you. No need to conform to the 'norm'. I have mine set for breakfast, morning snack, lunch, afternoon snack, dinnner, bedtime snack. I've noticed that some people have them titled by times of day. Its all up to you! :happy:
  • Thanks! I didn't think about that :)
  • FitasBarbie
    FitasBarbie Posts: 141 Member
    I work shift's too 9pm to 9am for 2 days,rest day then switch to 9am to 9pm for another 2 days. I added a slot for my Night shift food intake on my diary. I log the food based on my sleep-wake cycle so if I eat after I woke up for my night shift that's breakfast for me. If I'm working night and I eat after 12 I still post it as today's meals.
  • sarkris
    sarkris Posts: 41
    I work graveyards and I always start my new log day at midnight. Seems to be the simplest for me.
  • itsanot
    itsanot Posts: 89 Member
    I too work nights and days 12 hours at a time! I set mine up on hours First 4 hours, Second 4 hours, etc. You can take a look at it it works well for what ever shift you work. I have also found that when I'm on night shift I do so much better with my diet. Midnight always starts my new day regardless of what shift I'm on!
  • I try to log all of my meals for the day the night before or in the morning before I go to work, so that might work for you too. As an added bonus, it also helps me keep focused on what I am supposed to be eating...and if I have some extra calories, I allow myself to indulge a little bit on treats as long as I don't go over my calories.