soup

Options
does anyone have recipies for soups?
cheers

Replies

• tonid76
    tonid76 Posts: 51
    Options
    I wish I did....the weather is getting cooler, soup would be great!
  • sarahbetherck
    sarahbetherck Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    http://www.epicurious.com/recipes/food/views/Escarole-and-Orzo-Soup-with-Turkey-Parmesan-Meatballs-107692

I made this on the other day and between myself, my mom and my two kids we devoured the whole pot! I didn't have escarole so I used spinach and I made double the meatballs because my pkg. was 20oz instead of the called-for 12 but dang was it delicious!!
  • oopsiedaezie
    Options
    Darn! I was hoping someone posted one :( I am also looking for a soup recipe. My only restrictions right now are that I cannot have starches, ie no carrots or potatoes. I am going to keep a close eye on this blog :bigsmile:
  • Jennifernellwebb
    Jennifernellwebb Posts: 209 Member
    Options
    Recipe name : FAT FLUSH SOUP

Number of servings
    Serves people 5

Great Value (Walmart) - Ready to Cook All Natural Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast, 16 oz (112 g)
    Pampa - Extra Virgin Olive Oil, 1 tablespoon (15ml)
    Onions - Sweet, raw, 1 onion
    Spice Select - Minced Garlic, 4 Tspn.
    Produce - Green Bell Pepper 1 Whole (Correct) , 1 Bell Pepper
    - Pieces and Stems Canned Mushrooms, 1 cup (125ml)
    - Diced Tomatoes, 1 3/4 cup
    Bush's Best - Black Beans, 1 1/2 cup (130g/0.5 c)
    V-8 - Low Sodium 100% Vegetable Juice, 32 fl. oz. (240mL)
    Realemon - Lemon Juice, 2 oz
    Mccormick - Ground Cumin, 2 tsp
    Mccormick - Ground Cayenne Red Pepper , 1/8 tsp
    Coriander (cilantro) leaves - Raw (Cilantro, raw, 0.25 cup
    Fan - Fresh Parsley - Chopped (1/4 C),
    Add Ingredient
    Total: 1340 165 26 134 38 4401
    Per Serving: 268 33 5 27 8 880
    You can also put turkey in instead of chicken.... 1 1/4 pound. The turkey fat flush soup tastes like chili. I have a bunch in my freezer for a quick dinner!! Enjoy!

I throw all this in a crock pot and let it simmer for about 3 hours..... after browning the turkey. The chicken, I let it boil in water until it shreds and then I add all the other ingredients and let it simmer. The cilantro and parsley, you put in about 10 minutes before it is done.... if I remember correctly...
  • amberrrogers
    Options
    funny you mention soup, I just found this site and there are 3 recipes that fit ww zero points thing a ma jig
    http://kitchen-parade-veggieventure.blogspot.com/2008/04/weight-watchers-asian-zero-points-soup.html
  • dropofhope
    Options
    I have an awesome soup recipe that I just finished making. I call it Christmas Soup, but it's a take on Portugese Soup...It's so good on a cold day!

Ingredients:

1 package Turkey Kielbasa sliced thin
    1 large onion diced
    6 cloves of garlic diced (I love garlic, so I use a lot)
    2 tablespoons of olive oil, or olive oil spray
    12 cups of chicken broth
    2 Bay Leaves
    6 potatoes skinned and cut into large chunks
    2 cans of white beans rinsed and drained
    2 bunches of kale rinsed and chopped
    Salt, pepper, garlic, powder, onion powder and seasoning salt to taste...

Sauté the sausage in 1 tablespoon of olive oil until cooked thorough and brown on the edges, remove from the pan. Sauté the onion in garlic in 1 tablespoon of olive oil for about four minutes. Add chicken stock, seasoning and bay leaves. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add potato, simmer for 15 minutes. Add beans, simmer for 15 minutes. Add kale, simmer for 10 minutes. Add 4 or 5 pieces of sausage to each bowl.

Recipe serves 12.
    I just added the recipe to MFP and the calories per serving is 249 calories per 1 cup serving. Most of the calories come from the beans and potatoes. I used to omit beans, but I'm trying to get more fiber in my diet.

You can adjust this soup a lot of ways. Sometimes I use Swiss chard instead of kale, or red potatoes instead of Idaho potatoes. They key to the flavor is lots of garlic, pepper and the bay leaves. It is really yummy and filling. The recipe looks much more difficult that it is.

Enjoy!!!
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    Hi,
    Soup with no starches. Hmm.
    I lost a lot of weight eating progresso for lunch. I switched over to a healthier diet and it is working great for me. I have it posted my food plan on my blog if you care to look.

I know betty crocker and such have some good soup recipes, you just have to adjust the salt and maybe add some brown rice or quinoa instead of pasta
  • Maryee71
    Maryee71 Posts: 434 Member
    Options
    There is a post on here "Autumn/Winter soup recipes". Has lots of good ideas. If you can't find it I have it under My Topics.
  • kirianna55
    kirianna55 Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Yummy beef stew with veggies. This has a decent amount of potassium and takes a 20-24 quart stock pot to make. I fed my family of 6 and was able to store enough in the freezer to feed them 2-3 more times.

Ingredients:
    Pacific Natural Foods - Organic Beef Broth , 3 container (4 cups ea.)
    Christopher Ranch Garlic Minced In Water - Garlic, 12 tsp
    Onions - Raw, 1 large
    Turnips - Raw, 2 large
    Parsnips - Raw, 2 large
    Carrots - Raw, 4 large (7-1/4" to 8-1/2" long)
    Celery - Raw, 3 stalk large (11"-12" long)
    Beef - Stew Meat, 2 pounds. cooked
    Potatoes - Russet, flesh and skin, raw, 5 Potato medium (2-1/4" to 3-1/4" dia)
    Salt and pepper to taste.

Stick beef or elk bones in the broth and bring it to a simmer.
    Brown stew meat and add it to the broth.
    Chop all of the veggies. Keep the turnips and parsnips separate because they need to be sauteed to make them taste right in a stew.
    Saute the turnips and parsnips in olive oil. Then add them to the rest of the vegetables. An hour before you wan to eat, add the vegetables and cook the stew until it is soft.

Calories 186
    Fat 4
    Protein 17
    Fiber 3
    Potassium 459
    Calcium 4
  • irisheyez718
    irisheyez718 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    Here’s one of my favorite soup recipes! I have to make a lot when i make it, it goes so fast!

* Exported from MasterCook *

Tortilla Soup

Recipe By :
    Serving Size : 0 Preparation Time :0:00
    Categories : Tried and True

Amount Measure Ingredient — Preparation Method
    ——– ———— ——————————–
    1 chicken — boiled and deboned
    broth from chicken
    2 cans chicken broth
    1 can diced green chilies
    1 can tomatoes with green chilies
    1 large black beans, canned
    2 cloves garlic — minced
    1/4 cup lime juice
    2 tablespoons cilantro
    1/2 teaspoon cayenne
    1/2 teaspoon cumin
    l

Combine the chicken broth, green chilies, tomatoes with green chilies, onion, and garlic in a soup pot. Add the shredded chicken. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently. Reduce heat and simmer for 30-35 minutes.
    Add the lime juice, cilantro, cayenne, and cumin. Simmer for 10-15 minutes longer.
    Garnish with shredded Monterey Jack cheese