Almost a year & almost 60 lbs gone with pics

Options
momtozmc
momtozmc Posts: 418 Member
I never ever thought I'd post pictures - they aren't underwear pics, just everyday pics I've taken with family and friends...
But I started about a year ago, I've lost almost 60 pounds from my highest non pregnancy weight... my youngest is 14!!!
I've ran over 500 miles since mid March of this year, gone from a size 16 to a size 8! So I though I would share with you all, IF I CAN DO THIS... SO CAN YOU!

n2jpc3.jpg
This is a picture from December 2009

14dipt1.jpg
This is from August 2010 - my daughter's moving day into college

wjyyvq.jpg
September 2011 at the Greek Festival!

2vhstpx.jpg
My first 5K - Aloha 5K at Chrissy Field, San Francisco

I still have some work to do! Another 15lbs and some core and upper body toning!!!! I'm running my next 5K this coming weekend and I stole this from another 5K I will be doing next year for sure -
I BELIEVE IN SWEATING EVERYDAY, I BELIEVE RUNNING WITH YOUR FRIENDS IS BETTER THAN THERAPY. I BELIEVE HAPPY GIRLS ARE BEAUTIFUL GIRLS. I BELIVE STRONG IS PRETTY!

You go girls... and guys!

Replies

• SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Oh my goodness!!! You look amazing!! You look 15 years younger <3
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    You look so good, and that's so awesome! Congratulations and keep it up!
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    WOW! So inspirational...you look AMAZING!
  • Samerah12
    Samerah12 Posts: 610 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that second person looks like she could be that first persons daughter. Quite literally. AMAZING job!!!
  • fitmommy2012
    fitmommy2012 Posts: 451 Member
    Options
    WOW! You look great! What an awesome transformation! :bigsmile:
  • iishnova
    iishnova Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    You look fantastic! Wonderful progress. An even more beautiful woman and a healthier mom for your kids!
  • drog2323
    drog2323 Posts: 1,386 Member
    Options
    Agreed great work!! And i agree that you look a LOT younger. Great!
  • dropofhope
    Options
    Congratulations! You look AMAZING!!!
  • mrmarius
    mrmarius Posts: 1,802 Member
    Options
    wow you look great
  • Athena413
    Athena413 Posts: 1,709 Member
    Options
    You look great! And I love that quote you shared!!
  • themommie
    themommie Posts: 5,000 Member
    Options
    CONGRATS....you look amazing. keep up the good work
  • momtozmc
    Options
    Thanks all! Really, If I can do this, so can you! I'll be 48 years old in a few months and am in better shape than I was in my 30's!
    I have more time for me!!!! So no excuses, get out there and excercise!
  • sarscott
    sarscott Posts: 189 Member
    Options
    AWESOME job! Has running been the focal point of your journey or have you focused on other aspects?

I'm trying to learn how to run. Seems like a bigger challenge, but you have to start somewhere, right?
  • asyouseefit
    asyouseefit Posts: 1,265 Member
    Options
    48 yo? From the 3rd pic, I'd say 38 at most! Well done!
  • momtozmc
    Options
    Yes, I started out walking... I've always been a pretty quick walker, but then was walking so fast, my legs were hurting... so started the Couch to 5K. I'll be honest... I never finished the program. I got into the 3rd week and hit the pavement and could actually run farther than what was prompted on the C25K program... so walked and ran until now, I run almost everyday anywhere from 2 to 5 miles. I sometimes end up walking for a bit - I run a couple of really good hills, so I run up them and on bad days allow myself to walk for a short bit and then run again. But I figure, at least I'm out exercising!!!!
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    That's amazing...Keep up the great work...
  • LillyMosley
    Options
    I am the same age as you, if you can do it so can I, those pictures are simply AMAZING
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    Very nice - your neck is completly different!
  • DarleneT22
    DarleneT22 Posts: 224 Member
    Options
    You look fabulous! Oh, and I totally agree with the previous poster about not looking 48...you totally look like you're in your 30's!
  • carstar835
    Options
    you look wonderful!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!