Stupid Mess Up

Options
I messed up today. I let myself get too hungry. My son's football game was this evening and I snacked on some Greek yogurt about an hour and a half before the game. The game lasted 2 hours and when we got home, I put a pizza in the oven for the kids before making my dinner, eggplant parmigiana- a fat free, low calorie recipe. The pizza came out of the oven (Geno's East deep dish), I was starving and it smelled sooo good so I had a bite, you know, just to "taste" it. My dinner was going to take 50 minutes to cook, and I let the pizza win. I had a slice. A large slice. And a half. Then, since I had already messed up, I had some ice cream...

...and here's the kicker: the eggplant parm tasted way better than the pizza & ice cream. I should have just waited. Blah.

Replies

• quitmakingexcuses
    quitmakingexcuses Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    Don't let it get to you! It's okay to sometimes go over cals and have a little treat. Just get back on track tomorrow and drink plenttyy of water. Maybe even throw in a little extra workout if you feel necessary :)
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    A tip for the future: Take maybe half a slice. Eat mindfully (chew at least ten times before swallowing). Drink a glass of water. Think of what you'll look like rocking some hot outfit when you're x amount lbs lighter.

We learn from our mistakes. Tomorrow is a NEW day.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    And this may be weird, but maybe print out/cut out a picture of someone who you WANT to look like and GLUE it to the ice cream container. That way whenever you open the freezer, you'll see that picture and THINK before you snack. I may have also gotten this from Mulan lol

Mindless eating is the cause of excess weight.
  • prettytothinkso
    Options
    aaaaaaand maybe next time you can take a diet-friendly snack to the game (that you made ahead of time)

M&Ms and almonds (I always recommend this because I HAVE to have some chocolate somewhere?)
    Sunflower seeds?
  • nomorearmflab
    Options
    Dont feel bad about this mess up. It happens, and the best thing to do is take it to heart. Instead of letting yourself get so hungry, while you were working on the eggplant parm you should make yourself a snack. munch on some salad, pull out a health bar, have some cereal. It won't ruin your dinner. AND keep something healthy in your car that wont spoil, so when something like this happens again, you can run out to your car ( or even your purse) and great your emergency snack!
  • bethdris
    bethdris Posts: 1,090 Member
    Options
    Life happens especially if you have kids...(we have 3). I totally get ya on the pizza! I bet it smelled great. I stumbled across Cliff Mini Bars. My husband and I LOVE them...they are 100 cals "hardy' as in thick and not airy like other bars. They are a great all organic "tie me over" We bought a box of 18 for like 7 or 8 dollars from amazon.

So today is a new day!! :)
  • Maff87
    Maff87 Posts: 39
    Options
    Don't beat yourself up, you're only human! The next day will be better.

One tip I've read on here is instead of ice-cream, take some bananas, slice them up and put in freezer for 2-3 hours, take them out and put them in blender and vuala! Same texture as ice cream! Add vanilla extract (optional) healthy alternative to ice cream :)
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    And this may be weird, but maybe print out/cut out a picture of someone who you WANT to look like and GLUE it to the ice cream container. That way whenever you open the freezer, you'll see that picture and THINK before you snack. I may have also gotten this from Mulan lol

I have pics of fit women in underwear on my fridge! It helps me, lol! People come over and are like.... Do you have something to tell me? We're 3 ladies sharing a flat!
  • Rilke
    Rilke Posts: 1,201 Member
    Options

I have pics of fit women in underwear on my fridge! It helps me, lol! People come over and are like.... Do you have something to tell me? We're 3 ladies sharing a flat!

Haha, this is awesome.