THE SUGAR CRAVING!

Options
HI EVERONE, I HAVE JUST RECENTLY JOINED THIS SITE, ÁND AM LOVING IT! NOW, I AM STRUGGLING BIG TIME WITH SUGAR CRAVINGS! I HAVE A VERY SWEET TOOTH, AND WAS PREVIOUSLY EATING A LOT OF CHOCOLATE AND CEREAL BARS. I AM TGRYING TO STEER CLEAR OF THEM, BECAUSE THE OTHER DAY I ALLOWED ONE IN MY CALORIES FOR THE DAY, AND IT KIND OF TRIGGERED A URGE TO JUST EAT AND EAT AND EAT MORE OF THEM! I KNOW ALL OF YOU THAT HAVE HAD A SUCCESS ON YOUR WEIGHT LOSS WILL OF HAD TO GO THROUGH THESE CRAVINGS, OF ANY SORT, IF YOU HAVE ANY TIPS TO GET THROUGH THEM I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE HEARING THEM! I HAVE READ MANY SUCCESS STORIES ON HERE,AND THEY A RE GREAT INSPIRATION, BUT RIGHT NOW I JUST WANT CHOCOLATE! ALTHOUGH JUST WRITING THIS MESSAGE HAS HELPED!!! I THINK THE CRAVING MITE OF PASSED!!! FAB!!LOL!

Replies

• shadowfx
    Options
    Pretty addictive that stuff, I know how you are feeling because I've been there too. It does pass, the longer you go without the easier it gets. Take it one day at a time, find a safe substitute and most of all, congratulate yourself everyday for not caving in. Good luck xx
  • TheTonyPony
    Options
    Chromium is the stuff! It is a small pill you take in the morning which suppresses sugar cravings whilst giving you a little energy boost! Its very good, you don't get that sluggish feeling that kicks your *kitten* when you come off sugar.

I've used it every day since I started dieting and my sugar cravings are non-existent.
  • RachMartin
    RachMartin Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    If you fancy some chocolate try having a healthy hot chocolate instead - it satisfies my cravings and they are only about 38 cals for things like cadburys highlights and skinny cow etc - some yummy flavours too like mint, turkish delight, choc orange etc - almost as good as the real things ;D x good luck
  • SchnauzerRVN
    SchnauzerRVN Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It does get easier!!! I have found a hot chocolate (diet like "options") puts the cravings at bay, and only about 50 cal per serve. I dont have a huge sweet tooth but it helps when I need a "Fix".

All the best Em
  • shan_welch
    shan_welch Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    There are no bad foods, just the amount in which we eat them :)
    but i totally agree with the once you start thing lol, I had alot of chocolate today, find it hard to stop :( good luck!!!
  • clares06
    clares06 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    THANKS FOR THE TIP, WILL DEFINATLY GIVE IT A GO. IVE FOUND THAT SITTING AND CHATTING ON HERE REALLY IS A FANTASTIC DISTRACTION
  • clares06
    Options
    AHH, WELL DONT BE DISHEARTENED BY TODAY HUNNI, BE GOOD FOR THE REST OF THE DAY, AND THAT CAN COUNTERACT THE CHOCCIE FROM THIS MORNING, AND THEN START A FRESH TOMMOROW, IF YOU WANNA CHAT, ADD ME AS AFRIEND. GOOD LUCKX
  • clares06
    Options
    YOUVE DONE GREAT WITH YOUR LOSS HUNNI, KEEP IT UP, AND THANKS FOR YOUR REPLYX