Small steps. 23 lbs down

Options
SueGremlin
SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
This isn't the hugest loss here, I am constantly inspired by people who have accomplished complete hotness. :)

I am not there yet, but I am certainly off to a good start, and am showing no sign of slowing down.

Here's me at my top weight. 223 lbs and a tight size 16. Not the best body shot, but you know how that is, hiding behind things and thinking it's not obvious that you're obese. You can see how many chins I am sporting.
IMG_0387.jpg

This is me this morning, 23 lbs lighter, firmly down to a size 14, at 200 lbs even. I have about 60 more lbs to go, more or less. I feel that I look best in the 140-150 lb range.
23lbs2.jpg
23lbs.jpg

Replies

• sk2775
    sk2775 Posts: 703 Member
    Options
    23 pounds in an awesome success. You should be very proud. Keep up the great work :-)
  • Angel1066
    Angel1066 Posts: 816 Member
    Options
    A hearty congratulations on your loss, your looking good.
  • susanloveszumba
    Options
    great job! i have lost about 20 lbs and i know what you mean because even though i have a good ways to go, i already feel so much better and healthier. you look great! keep up the good work!
  • Alioth
    Alioth Posts: 571 Member
    Options
    23 pounds is not a small step! It's huge!

Great job! You look awesome!
  • julie204
    julie204 Posts: 130
    Options
    wow i think you are doing really great . keep going it will soon go just make little goals dont aim to high
  • SueGremlin
    SueGremlin Posts: 1,066 Member
    Options
    wow i think you are doing really great . keep going it will soon go just make little goals dont aim to high
    I think this is the secret for me. Sustainable diet habits and patience. I have my sights set on next year, not next week.
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,248 Member
    Options
    Yay Sue!!! You look fabulous! *smooch!*
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Wow that is great 23lbs makes a big difference. You are looking real good.
  • kahavi
    kahavi Posts: 35
    Options
    That's great! Congratulations! :)
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    Congratulations! 23lbs is a massive success! Try carrying the equivalent in a ruck sack on your back. OWWW!
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Congrats! 23lbs is an impressive loss! Good for you!
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    A very visible change. Don't talk your success down or compare yourself to other people. YOU are doing a brilliant job, and YOU look great!

The big change that comes through in those photos - apart from the obvious size reduction - is your confidence. You look kind of cheekier, cuter, in the later pics.

Great work. Well done.
  • Maggieq87
    Maggieq87 Posts: 400 Member
    Options
    Way to go!! I see a huge difference already!! You look amazing!!
  • tounyae1979
    Options
    23lbs is a giant step..you should be very proud. I lost 3lbs and i'm happy...to me any loss is a big step whether its .1 lb or 10lbs. You look great keep up the good work.
  • Mrswheels01
    Mrswheels01 Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    Wow looking fab! It looks like way more than 23 lbs! Great job!!
  • Runninginafatsuit
    Runninginafatsuit Posts: 78 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! You look great!!
  • lawoods
    lawoods Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Almost to Onederland! Keep up that great work!
  • jewel6018
    jewel6018 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Looking great. I had to change my posted, accidentally posted in wrong thread. I did post here earlier and you do look fantastic.:smile:
  • charlotte3176
    charlotte3176 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    23 pounds is awesome!! You look great!! Definitely motivated me to keep on keeping on.
  • elissascotland
    elissascotland Posts: 256 Member
    Options
    Wonderful. You are an inspiration :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!