WANTED: Low Calorie Peach Pie Recipe

Options
Sweet13_Princess
Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
I'm dying for peach pie, but am having trouble finding a nice, low-cal recipe. Can anyone help me out?

I LOVE peach pie with the crumbles on top... so a recipe for healthy crumbles would be nice too.

MMMM. Peach pie.*sounds like Homer Simpson*

Shannon

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    Make a peach crumble instead. It has way less cals and carbs.
    2 1/2 cups fresh or frozen fruit, such as blueberries, peaches, plums
    1 tablespoon granulated sugar
    3 tablespoons whole-wheat or all-purpose flour, divided
    1 tablespoon orange juice
    1/2 cup rolled oats
    1/4 cup chopped almonds, or pecans
    3 tablespoons brown sugar
    1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
    2 tablespoons canola oil

Preparation
    1.Preheat oven to 400°F.
    2.Combine fruit with granulated sugar, 1 tablespoon flour and orange juice. Divide among four 6-ounce ovenproof ramekins. Combine oats, nuts, brown sugar, the remaining 2 tablespoons flour and cinnamon. Drizzle with oil and stir to combine. Sprinkle over the fruit mixture. Place the ramekins on a baking sheet.
    3.Bake until the fruit is bubbling and the topping is golden, 20 to 25 minutes. Let stand for at least 10 minutes before serving.
    NutritionPer serving: 252 calories; 11 g fat ( 1 g sat , 7 g mono ); 0 mg cholesterol; 38 g carbohydrates; 4 g protein; 5 g fiber; 1 mg sodium; 179 mg potassium.

Carbohydrate Servings: 2
  • mapinkerton
    Options
    Some will agree and some won't. BUT I use Splenda Blend to cut some of sugar in recipes. It is half Splenda and half sugar. I reduce the fat and calories in a lot of recipes and they taste just as good. Of course, eating ONE proper serving size is important (as opposed to half a carton or half a pie).
  • MartiTennisMom
    Options
    Don't eat the crust,
  • akaChuck
    akaChuck Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    It's not exactly a peach pie BUT last night I took a Chobani Peach flavored tub and sprinkled brown sugar and oatmeal on top...tasted great to me! Plus it was really quick to make.
  • sc1572
    sc1572 Posts: 2,309 Member
    Options
    check out skinnytaste.com or hungrygirl recipes! :)
  • lilac67
    lilac67 Posts: 311
    Options
    I made a mock one once. I sprayed a casserole dish added rinsed canned peaches, gave a spray of butter spray, lightly sprinkled cinnamon and brown sugar, then sprinkled oatmeal over the top. Finished with a slight butter spray. Bake. It was pretty good.
  • imsmellie
    imsmellie Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    Peach crumble would definitely be less carbs and cals.
    BUT, portion control is one of my hardest thing no matter how low calorie the dish is....
    So, I would try baked peaches or something along this made up recipe off the top of my head:

Crunchy Roasted Peaches (a la mode):

Cook Time: 20 minutes
    Total Time: 20 minutes

Ingredients:
    4 medium ripe yet firm peaches, halved and pitted
    4 tsp brown sugar, divided
    4 tsp lemon juice, divided
    about 1/4 cup apple juice or cider
    about 1/4 cup Grape nuts cereal, or granola, or almond slices, or crumbled up graham crackers... Something crunchy.

Preparation:
    Preheat oven to 425 degrees

Coat baking pan with cooking spray. Place peaches cut side up on baking sheet. Poor a little apple juice over them (let it spill over a bit). Sprinkle each with a teaspoon of sugar and a teaspoon of lemon juice lemon juice (maybe some cinnamon over that as well). Sprinkle with something crunchy. I think the graham cracker crumbs would taste great.

Roast for 20-25 minutes until tender.

Top with fat-free Greek yogurt, a little bit of cool whip or some frozen yogurt

Serves 8

I'm Guessing each super filling peach half to be about: 125 calories. If you take away the a la mode about 75 calories.

You should try this with pears or apples too!!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    bump for recipes :)
  • rachmaree
    rachmaree Posts: 782 Member
    Options
    some nice ideas! The peach season is just about finished here :(
  • Pickedlast4gym
    Options
    2 ideas! Peach crumble.....slice peaches and put in glass pan spayed with cooking spray. For the crumble.... 1/2 cup instand oatmeal, 1 tbsp whole wheat flour, 1 tbsp walnut oil, 1/4 cup chopped walnuts...put all crumble ingredients in foodmprocessor and pulse until just mixed. Add 2 tbsp of agave nectar...pulse til just mixed. Spinkle over the top of the peaches.....bake at 350.

Peach pie! Filo dough.....thaw dough, unwrap and cover with a wet towel. Un roll dough carefull. Take about 5 sheets, and put into a baking dish sprayed with pam. Chut up your peaches, adding blue agave nectar to tast. Pluce in pan over dough. Take another 5 to 10 sheets of dough, amd cover the peaches, seam up like a real pie and vent. Spray top with pam....bake at 350 til golden brown. Amazing!!!!! Very low cal!
  • Sweet13_Princess
    Sweet13_Princess Posts: 1,207 Member
    Options
    These all sound great. I'll have to head back to the grocery store this week. I've been really craving a slice of it and nothing else has been cutting it the last two weeks...

Shannon