Options
    Just did a 60 mins 6.34 kms workout!
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    Pumpkin butter my new must have for my toast
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-butter.html
    Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g

for me its more then half calories for sevrings since i use a tablespoon on one slice

Ingredients:
    3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup apple cider or juice
    1 cup packed brown sugar (it was too sweet for my taste next time I am cutting bk to 3/4 cup)
    2-3 cinnamon sticks
    1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Directions:
    Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste.
  • faye_daisy
    Options
    My 10 year old and I did our weekly Sunday night walk together last night....It's a 3.4 mile loop and we add an extra .5 mile every week. Last night he said, you know when we started these you couldn't keep up with me and now it's hard to keep up with you, He also uttered the now famous words when I finished his school's two mile run/walk for wellness.... I guess all this working out crap is starting to pay off for you

WTG That is awesome!
  • cantjustcant
    cantjustcant Posts: 1,027 Member
    Options
    Pumpkin butter my new must have for my toast
    http://www.skinnytaste.com/2010/10/pumpkin-butter.html
    Servings: 14 • Serving Size: 1/4 cup • Old Points: 1.5 pts • Points+: 3 pts
    Calories: 88.2 • Fat: 0.3 g • Protein: 1.0 g • Carb: 27.3 g • Fiber: 2.5 g

for me its more then half calories for sevrings since i use a tablespoon on one slice

Ingredients:
    3 1/2 cups pumpkin puree, or 1 (29 ounce) can (not pumpkin pie filling)
    2 tsp vanilla extract
    3/4 cup apple cider or juice
    1 cup packed brown sugar (it was too sweet for my taste next time I am cutting bk to 3/4 cup)
    2-3 cinnamon sticks
    1-2 tsp pumpkin pie spice (to taste)

Directions:
    Combine pureed pumpkin, vanilla, apple juice, spices, cinnamon sticks and sugar in a large saucepan; stir well. Bring mixture to a boil. Reduce heat, and simmer for 30 - 40 minutes or until thickened. Stir frequently. Adjust spices to your taste.

ohhhh I must make this! I am addicted to Sweet Potato Butter!!!!
  • Mary_wants2bfit
    Options
    wow everyone is doing so well already this week. I did a 5K ran last night after work because of the challange which I was happy about as usually I only run 4K.
    I was thinking about what new food I was going to try and then a friend gave me a can of sardines--I have never tried these before and thought I wouldn't like them but at only 156cal for the whole can I thought I'd give it a go. I added a quarter avocado--as I had a big ripe one ready to eat and had it on bread. So yummy!!!! Very happy I tired it!
  • Lori_menorahlover
    Options
    I ran 5K last night and can't wait to hear how your race goes this weekend JR!!!!

I had a massive NSV yesterday. I tried on a new suit. Size 4 petite & it was baggy on me. For someone who once weighed 247 it was an incredible feeling. I took pics of my body & posted them on my Tumblr.

http://menorahlover.tumblr.com/post/11294993266/for-r-ty-for-being-there-for-me-always

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    That's awesome Lori! I checked out your blog and you look absolutely amazing :) You've worked very hard and it definitely shows :happy:
    Oooo....I'm gonna have to try that pumpkin butter, it sounds yummy :bigsmile:
    I'm gonna jog a 5K this week, I just haven't figured out when yet and I have to wait for it to stop raining.... I've never tried to see how fast I can do one before so this should be fun! I've been under on my calories and over on my water on both Sunday and Monday and I've also been eating very clean (I'm trying to stay away from as much processed stuff as I can).
    Keep it up everyone! You are all awesome!!
    :smooched: Marie
  • aninamika
    aninamika Posts: 159
    Options
    :blushing: SORRY EVERYONE! Week has been full on and have been meaning to log in but keep getting side-tracked! The run is over and now I'm back to normal routine. Have decided to go for a14 mile run on Friday and will continue to do the long distances until the end of this challenge that's happening at the gym.

I'm sorry but I'm yet to read everyone's posts - I feel like I sound like a broken record but uni work is KILLING me and causing me a lot of hair loss! So bear with me - I've got a mini goal which has me doing 100 crunches/sit ups each day for the week and to also have snacks no more than 100 cals. So far it's going okay.

Now I gotta cruise but KEEP UP THE FABULOUS WORK PEEPS! JR I'M KICKIN' YOUR BUTT :tongue: :tongue:

MASSSIVE LOVE TO YOU ALL FROM THE ROK! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:
  • aninamika
    Options
    :blushing: SORRY EVERYONE! Week has been full on and have been meaning to log in but keep getting side-tracked! The run is over and now I'm back to normal routine. Have decided to go for a14 mile run on Friday and will continue to do the long distances until the end of this challenge that's happening at the gym.

I'm sorry but I'm yet to read everyone's posts - I feel like I sound like a broken record but uni work is KILLING me and causing me a lot of hair loss! So bear with me - I've got a mini goal which has me doing 100 crunches/sit ups each day for the week and to also have snacks no more than 100 cals. So far it's going okay.

Now I gotta cruise but KEEP UP THE FABULOUS WORK PEEPS! JR I'M KICKIN' YOUR BUTT :tongue: :tongue:

CRAP - just saw this week's challenge...5ks during a work out can that be included in my 14 miler that I aim to do on Friday??? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE..
  • aninamika
    Options

CRAP - just saw this week's challenge...5ks during a work out can that be included in my 14 miler that I aim to do on Friday??? PLEEEEEEEEEEASE..

I'm going to try a tofu burger - it'll be the first time I try making it as well as having a tofu patty...hmmm should be interesting!
  • d2footballJRC
    d2footballJRC Posts: 2,684 Member
    Options

Yes you can include the 14 miler. ;-)
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Whew, stepped on the scale and was very happy this morning, I have started to lose again. There for a bit I gained a couple pounds, they are back off and the scale is heading the other direction!
  • stoofers
    Options
    I ran 5K last night and can't wait to hear how your race goes this weekend JR!!!!

I had a massive NSV yesterday. I tried on a new suit. Size 4 petite & it was baggy on me. For someone who once weighed 247 it was an incredible feeling. I took pics of my body & posted them on my Tumblr.

http://menorahlover.tumblr.com/post/11294993266/for-r-ty-for-being-there-for-me-always

GREAT JOB EVERYONE!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Amazing job, Lori! You look fantastic!
  • stoofers
    Options
    Whew, stepped on the scale and was very happy this morning, I have started to lose again. There for a bit I gained a couple pounds, they are back off and the scale is heading the other direction!

Yay!! Perfect!
  • med79
    med79 Posts: 288
    Options
    Good morning beautiful people!
    Just finished my 5K! I pushed to see how fast I could do it and I did it in 48:37. Not too bad for a 255 pound woman but I've got lots of improving to do...
    I weighed in this morning and have lost 2 more pounds since Monday morning. WooHoo!
  • stoofers
    Options
    Just finished my 5K! I pushed to see how fast I could do it and I did it in 48:37. Not too bad for a 255 pound woman but I've got lots of improving to do...
    I weighed in this morning and have lost 2 more pounds since Monday morning. WooHoo!

Amazing!!! What a nice Wednesday!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Good job to everyone, It's awesome to see all the people losing weight and exercising!
  • aninamika
    Options

2 WORDS MARIE - YOU ROCK! AWWWWWWWWESOME! :drinker: :drinker: :drinker:

JR - You asked for it...14 miler will be served with a side of sweat and burn :bigsmile: I'M STILL WAITING FOR YOU TO "BRRRRRRING IT!" :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

:love: :love: :love: :love: TO EVERYONE HAPPY THURSDAY!
  • aninamika
    Options
    Hey again everyone - yesterday's stats were great considering I felt like I could've eaten a 12" sub rather than the 6 I had. I was carb loading for a big run tomorrow (supposed to do 14miles) but after today I won't be doing it. :frown: My knee has been playing up and this morning it affected my workout at the gym :grumble: today was the FIRST TIME EVER I've had to resort to bench step ups rather than do Box Jumps :frown: All good though because I was still able to continue on with the rest of the workout without too much hassle. I came home with the intention of doing a TABATA workout and that's when I had to accept that maybe I need to take a break :grumble: I'm going to speak with my mate/trainer and see whether I can still go ahead and do upper body but I REALLY DON'T WANT AN INJURY :noway: I need to take my own advice and chill out - give my body a chance to recuperate, then get back into it. :yawn: :yawn:
    I nearly forgot my ab workout yesterday but managed to remember when I was about to doze off! so today I have completed 200 crunches. 90 originals / 50 obliques / 10 bicycles (doing these even hurt my knee! ) 50 reverse.

If you can help me out with telling me some other good things about taking a break ...this is what I've got so far:
    more time to focus on getting my studies out of the way
    my legs will love me even more after and help me through this month
    focus on making good food ummmm

Now I better get on with the day - meanwhile continue to kick some serious butt peeps. Sorry JR - won't be doing a 5k will aim for it when I'm back in the game COMPLETELY!
  • d2footballJRC
    Options
    Good morning crew and cohorts!

Yesterday was a fabulous day for me! Today has started out a bit rough. Just have to grit my teeth and work through it.