This is when I usually quit.

Options
2»

Replies

• sherry_ann_mt
    sherry_ann_mt Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    Thank you all sooo much....I am almost teary from all your kind words and encouragement! thank you thank you thank you!!
  • sonjalucia
    sonjalucia Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    You Can You Will!!!
  • chrissaucier
    chrissaucier Posts: 271 Member
    Options
    We all have bad days and days that just don't turn out to be as good as you wanted them to be, but every day is a new one just keep trying. Don't give up!
  • ElleC
    ElleC Posts: 37
    Options
    :)

Agreed, the bad days can be so overwhelming, but coming here and reading stories like this are the thing that keeps me going. We are all in it together.

Thank you for writing about what happens to us all. Good luck on your journey :)
  • zoombie_bear
    zoombie_bear Posts: 963 Member
    Options
    you need to take it one day at a time, you are not looking for a quick fix, it's a life journey
  • Jazzyjules71
    Jazzyjules71 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    So true, thanks for sharing- I have been an all or nothing person for a long time, and I think that has hurt my weight loss efforts. If I"m not doing it perfect, I don't do it at all. I'm FINALLY accepting that it will never be perfect, and to keep plugging along. And forgive yourself and move on.......

dobarber, thanks for the story- we've all been there and I can relate. Kudos for fighting back......
  • k2thaj
    k2thaj Posts: 41
    Options
    Congratulations for keeping your positive attitude, this will not happen quickly and it is a life changing experience for the better. Keep that dedication and you will achieve all of your goals. You have many friends here and I think that is something that makes MFP special.
  • MrsSpratt
    MrsSpratt Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    That is awesome! And the first hurdle.

I am the exact same way. I do great for a week or two, then have a bad day and quit. My goal this time around is to let myself be imperfect and have bad days. I am currently having a bad weekend but I refuse to quit.
  • carrie1128
    carrie1128 Posts: 267 Member
    Options
    Love this post! Good for you! Everyone has bad days. You have to keep fighting. You deserve it and you can do it!
  • kateopotato
    kateopotato Posts: 215 Member
    Options
    I just posted this onto my profile and as my status. I saw it in a Redbook interview with Jillian Michaels and it kind of pertains to you, since you said you used to let a bad day ruin things:

Dont beat yourself up if you slip: "Think of it this way: if you got a flat tire, what would you do? Change the tire? Or get out of the car and SLASH the other three tires? No! Get back on the road! Don't dwell on it, don't beat yourself up. That gets you nowhere."

Good luck!!! stick with it! :)
  • sissamae
    sissamae Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    The quote in my signature says it all..."Fall down seven times...get up eight" It is a chinese proverb and I repeat it to myself every time I have a slip up. This is a new way of life, not a diet. Even if we make a poor choice today, we can make a better choice next time. It is either moving one step closer to our goal or one step further away.

Good for you for not giving up. Every good choice puts you one step closer to being healthier!
  • janetb21
    janetb21 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Yes! Good for you for sticking with it! You can do this!!! You really can! I totally know those days - the soccer, the 4 kids at Coscto. It sounds like you're living my life :) But you can do it!
  • marzahl68
    marzahl68 Posts: 201
    Options
    Congrats! I'm glad you didn't quit!
  • rfarinha
    rfarinha Posts: 388 Member
    Options
    Don't quit! It's all about "choices"... When we go out, and have a little too much "Food and Wine", then that is the "choice" we make. And making that "choice" once in a while, is okay. But it is also a "Choice" to get up in the morning and go for a walk, and skip the bagel, and have a piece of fruit.

Congratulations for choosing to continue this journey! Regardless of how quickly or slowly you make changes in your fitness and weight, as long as you continue forward, you will ALWAYS be in a better place than if you had done nothing! =)
  • Babrao
    Babrao Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You CAN do this!!!! I have been on this journey for about 5 months now and I have had "cheat days", "lazy days", "special occasion days" and I have still consistently lost weight each week. The more you put into this, the better the results. You don't have to deprive yourself of anything, just don't go overboard and make sure you put EVERYTHING in your diary, that way you can really judge whether or not you really want that _______. Also remember that the more you exercise, the more you can eat on that day, I only try to eat back 1/3 of my exercise calories but it definitely allows for more "extras" that day.

Keep up the great work!!! You are in it to win it :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!