Must be doing this wrong

Options
2»

Replies

• purplebabe2025
    purplebabe2025 Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    I totally hear what you're saying. I'm really getting down cause I lost in the beginning then put on more and it's been at a stand still since then. I've just read the advice from the replies and will take that on and see how it goes for another month. Please let me know how your getting on also, any advice and encouragement appreciated. Don't give up, I'm not, but am enjoying the challenge.
  • kjpersich
    kjpersich Posts: 55 Member
    Options
    One thing that I learned on MFP is... do you measure your food or weigh your food? There can be a discrepancy if you are using measuring cups. Using a food scale to weigh your food would give you more accurate measures.
  • choconuts
    choconuts Posts: 208 Member
    Options
    One thing that I learned on MFP is... do you measure your food or weigh your food? There can be a discrepancy if you are using measuring cups. Using a food scale to weigh your food would give you more accurate measures.

I was thinking the same thing. You really need to utilize a food scale and weigh anything that's not liquid. You'd be shocked.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    first, I want to say that you have made some truly healthy decisions. Even though the scale has not YET cooperated, these healthy changes are making some positive benefits to your health. I believe that.

second, I've read several times that not all calories are created equal. while the number 1 goal should be creating a caloric deficit, there might be some foods you're eating that work against weight loss. I looked at your diary for the last week or so and I'm going to suggest something to see if it makes a difference. either cut out, or reduce to 1 or 2 days, your grains and processed food (this means those cakes, pizzas, pasta, and taco bell). replace these items with more lean protein like fish, chicken, ground turkey/chicken, low fat ground beef, bison, protein mixes that don't have much sugar, etc. I'm not suggesting a low carb diet, but I would recommend reducing your carbs to about 100 grams a day and bumping up your protein, and cutting out or significantly reducing the food I listed.

don't lose hope.