6.0 on treadmill again

Options
today i decided to try again ending my treamill workout by trying to run at 6.0 so i cranked the speed up to 6.0 and was able to run for a little over a minute and a half. omg i feel so proud of myself these last two time i have done it well let just say i cant remember another time i have felt more pumped after a workout now to keep it up but boy am i happy. and i have to say i kind of am inspired to end all my workouts on the treadmill like that maybe at some point when i am walking i can increase the spead and be able to go more than a minute and a half at 6.0 speed the support here is so great and this site is really motivating me to keep it up.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

Replies

• pepamint83
    pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    today i decided to try again ending my treamill workout by trying to run at 6.0 so i cranked the speed up to 6.0 and was able to run for a little over a minute and a half. omg i feel so proud of myself these last two time i have done it well let just say i cant remember another time i have felt more pumped after a workout now to keep it up but boy am i happy. and i have to say i kind of am inspired to end all my workouts on the treadmill like that maybe at some point when i am walking i can increase the spead and be able to go more than a minute and a half at 6.0 speed the support here is so great and this site is really motivating me to keep it up.

:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:
  • stormysmom
    Options
    Way to go :drinker:
  • Zeii
    Zeii Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    This is why I need to buy myself a treadmill! I really would like to try running for 30 seconds or a minute like I saw on the biggest loser but there's no way I am going to do it at the gym!
  • robinsbridge
    Options
    well done you, I started on the treadmill in November and always swore that I would NEVER run, power walking is fine but running was a no-no:wink: however just after Christmas, alone in the gym early one morning I decided to crank up the speed to 7.2 and run ............ managed a whole 3 minutes but thought I was dying afterwards:laugh: but I have perceviered I am now up to speed 8 for 5 minutes, I still dont feel great afterwards apart from the fact I am achieving something I never thought possible. Good Luck, keep it up, but take small steps at a time and you will be able to run for longer:flowerforyou:
  • KLS10
    KLS10 Posts: 127
    Options
    I cant believe you can go 6.0! I go 5.0 or sometimes 5.5 but 6.0 I am astonished :) If I went that pace I would probably be able to keep it up for ohhh 30 seconds. Good work!
  • robinsbridge
    Options
    thats how I felt regarding running at the gym - had the feeling I was going to be Bridget Jones and fall off the end of the treadmill, but once you have done it once its not that daunting, infact no-one takes any notice of you at my gym:happy:
  • jessicasager
    Options
    This is why I need to buy myself a treadmill! I really would like to try running for 30 seconds or a minute like I saw on the biggest loser but there's no way I am going to do it at the gym!

I saw it on TBL too and it relaly inspired me lol i don't have a tred, so i have no choice but to do it at the gym. and i just had to keep telling myself "if i keep doing this, and don't let others get to me. eventually i'll be in shape and it won't cross their mind twice" others at the gym, are there because they want to be healthy too. 99% of ppl KNOW you have to start somewhere. Don't let them get you down. even though it can be easy sometimes. :grumble:
  • pepamint83
    Options

:laugh: lol thats exactly why i tried to do it today on tues episode bob was yelling at them to do 6.0 for 30 seconds so i thought its their week two my week one what the hell the worst that happends i fall off and well :sad: but it felt really good.

i have my mother to thank for the treadmill she asked my dad for their anniversary every year instead of jewlery to get her a piece of excercise equipment and having a tv with vcr dvd makes the time fly....if you can and if you honestly will use it its the best investment and the best equipment we have in our house....:drinker:

and i love the biggest loser it motivates me and so do all of you so thank you
  • pepamint83
    Options
    well done you, I started on the treadmill in November and always swore that I would NEVER run, power walking is fine but running was a no-no:wink: however just after Christmas, alone in the gym early one morning I decided to crank up the speed to 7.2 and run ............ managed a whole 3 minutes but thought I was dying afterwards:laugh: but I have perceviered I am now up to speed 8 for 5 minutes, I still dont feel great afterwards apart from the fact I am achieving something I never thought possible. Good Luck, keep it up, but take small steps at a time and you will be able to run for longer:flowerforyou:

thank you :flowerforyou: i also swore i would never run and i just restarted going on the treadmill last tues (which is when i also signed up for this amazing site) so i get the running fear. i only do the 6.0 after i have completed my full treadmill workout just in case :bigsmile: but i get the dying afterwards my heart felt like it was going to jump out of my chest :sad: but in a good way if that makes sense. the whole not feeling great afterwards i hear goes away but you are completly right the achieving something we never think is possible is just indescribable :drinker: and thanks again let me know how your doin with your treadmill i would love an update
  • pepamint83
    Options

I saw it on TBL too and it relaly inspired me lol i don't have a tred, so i have no choice but to do it at the gym. and i just had to keep telling myself "if i keep doing this, and don't let others get to me. eventually i'll be in shape and it won't cross their mind twice" others at the gym, are there because they want to be healthy too. 99% of ppl KNOW you have to start somewhere. Don't let them get you down. even though it can be easy sometimes. :grumble:
    \\\

first of all i have to figure out how i can quote a few of you in one post so im not replying in three seperate answers so my apologize. :huh: to answer this i totally agree yes theres embarassment and the gym things flying everywhere the being unsure and feeling like a dope but u have to remember everyone at that gym is there for a purpose and if ur so nervous try a lower speed to run at then increase it when you are comfortable but dont let anyone stand in your way this is about you. :drinker: please all let me know how u are doing on your treadmill/walks run with out you i dont think i would be still here lol the support is incredible and i look foward to doing the same for all of you.

KLS10 like i said i never would have even attempted this had i not seen the biggest loser bob make them do it this week otherwise i might have started at a lower speed run but if bob makes the newbies do it for 30 secs why cant i try it (my treadmill has an emergency stop so i could have pressed it any time if i was uncomfortable and let me tell u ten secondes in the thought crossed my mind. :bigsmile:
  • kolbif
    kolbif Posts: 83
    Options
    That's so cool that there's a lot of us out there that are going through the same thing and having the same thoughts! I, too, just went up to 6.0 on my treadmill - at a 3% incline even. I NEVER thought I would run. (I have a fear of it, too, since I have bad knees)

But, like all of you, The Biggest Loser inspires me so much! Especially when Bob made them run fast and the largest boy on Jillian's team kept saying "faster, faster!" If HE can do it at 400+ pounds, I can certainly do it! And then Bob kept pushing Joelle to go for the full 30 seconds and wouldn't do it so Bob flipped out! At that point I wanted to go get on MY treadmill and do it just to make sure I wasn't like Joelle!! (I guess that sounds kinda mean, but hey, it inspired me to do better!!)

But I'm tellin' ya - I cough and cough after I run so fast. (well, fast for ME anyway!) Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna die! But then I sit there and think about where I was a month ago and couldn't even go past 4.5 without feeling this exact same way. Good for all of us for building up our endurance and strength! We're awesome and it feels so good!!! :wink:
  • pepamint83
    Options
    That's so cool that there's a lot of us out there that are going through the same thing and having the same thoughts! I, too, just went up to 6.0 on my treadmill - at a 3% incline even. I NEVER thought I would run. (I have a fear of it, too, since I have bad knees)

But, like all of you, The Biggest Loser inspires me so much! Especially when Bob made them run fast and the largest boy on Jillian's team kept saying "faster, faster!" If HE can do it at 400+ pounds, I can certainly do it! And then Bob kept pushing Joelle to go for the full 30 seconds and wouldn't do it so Bob flipped out! At that point I wanted to go get on MY treadmill and do it just to make sure I wasn't like Joelle!! (I guess that sounds kinda mean, but hey, it inspired me to do better!!)

But I'm tellin' ya - I cough and cough after I run so fast. (well, fast for ME anyway!) Sometimes I feel like I'm gonna die! But then I sit there and think about where I was a month ago and couldn't even go past 4.5 without feeling this exact same way. Good for all of us for building up our endurance and strength! We're awesome and it feels so good!!! :wink:

thats so funny everything you said about the biggest loser and bob and jillians boy i think his name is daniel (orange team) saying faster when i saw him do that im like man oh man if he can do why the hell cant i? and i totally know what your are saying about joelle i mean is it bad that i wanted her gone and felt so bad about jerry (but did you see how amazing he looked) i cried because brown team was right dan needs it he doesnt have the support and if he doesnt do it now he wont have jerrys future. i dont want to be joelle so i thought i can do this just ten more seconds....i dont know about u but for my motivation i also have a photo of bob and then this people articale about jillian and kim losing weight on i posted them on my wall my computer just so they motivate me to be good and excercise.

good for you kolbip we can do this thats what i keep saying :bigsmile: we just need to keep motivating each other
  • kolbif
    Options
    Thanks so much, Pepamint! As far as MY motivation on the treadmill - I have my Carribean Cruise brochure right in front of my face with all those ladies in bikini's and all the beautiful beaches and stuff. I am going on a cruise at the beginning of March and I'm gonna get down to a size 6 if it kills me! In fact, I am watching this formal dress on EBay and I so badly want to buy it! It's a size 6 and I know if I have it in my possession, then that will motivate me, too - cuz I will HAVE to fit into it by March 7!!!!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    o thats great a cruise ive always wanted to go and if thats not motivation...just dont beat yourself up if you dont meet your goal ok but i think you can do it. :bigsmile: i also think if you have the dress it will motivate you you can hang it in front of your treadmill with the cruise brouchure. and having that dress buying it will motivate you and so will i if you want because my goal is june 1 (summer lol) for once i want to feel good before the summer starts plus my birthdays at the end of summer and i want to feel good on that day and not think about how bad i feel about myself. my mother says dont set a date but if i have one in sight then i have a finish line in mind and not a tomorrow i can/will do it sort of thing you know?
  • kolbif
    Options
    I just won the beautiful dress on EBay! Yay for me!! :bigsmile: :drinker:
  • pepamint83
    Options
    see its a sign it means it was meant to be worn by you on your cruise :drinker:
  • gnicolecan
    gnicolecan Posts: 293 Member
    Options
    Great job ladies! I have been slowly working my way up-
    I do 4 mins at 3.0
    Then I go back and forth between 6.0 and 3.0. I started at 30 seconds at 6.0 and 1min 30secs at 3.0, but now I am doing a min of each.
    Keep up the great work!!!
  • pepamint83
    Options
    dont want to mislead anyone my 30 minutes is at 3.5 -4.0 speed sometimes 3.0 if i just dont want to do it but push through. the 6.0 is a bonus although can it really be called that :laugh: ? after my treadmill workout.

gnicolecan thats great do what you can and i think we will all work up our stamina and lets see what we can accomplish