Fair Ground NSV

Options
I live in northern New England & if you're familiar with the area.. it's FAIR SEASON! My friend Hilary (who is also on here) and I planned to make our annual trip the the Fryeberg Fair & all week I could think of nothing but fair food (how fatty of me) haha

Hilary & I are walking around the fair smelling all the delicious smells & neither one of us had any desire to eat anything!! I was so proud of us. Before the trip I even looked up the calories & I exercised so I would have extra and when I was given the opportunity.. NOTHING. The one thing we did end up getting were apples from a craft stand!! GO US!!

Replies

• ratherbeskiing
    ratherbeskiing Posts: 847 Member
    Options
    I am so impressed for us! AND SUPER GLAD WE DID IT TOGETHER! Go us! <3:bigsmile:
  • impudentputz
    impudentputz Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    I was at the Toppsfield Fair yesterday and it wasnt so much that i didnt want any of the food (*although none of it seemed too appealing*) but i looked at the prices on some of the stuff there... they are getting out of control. Candy Apples (* mind you its an apple dipped in sugar basically*) $5... are you Sh**ing me? A paper dog bowl of fried... $5 get out of here. Fried dough... what a rip off that is. Dough basically costs under a dollar to make a 15lb batch (*used to work at a pizza shop*) and they sell 1 lbs pieces for... you guessed it, $5. Im sorry when did $5 become the magical price at the toppsfield fair.
  • cricketannie
    cricketannie Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I hope I have as much control next week. We have our state fair and I've promised my kids we would go. I don't know if I can resist the funnel cakes. haha!
    Way to go, you guys!!
  • Suedre
    Suedre Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    Rock on! The fair will be here in two week and I have every intention of eating my yearly country ham biscuit and my new favorite 1/2 of a Krispy Kreme hamburger. I don't think I will be as successful as you were and change my mind when I get there. Success for me is only eating once while the fair is here (I got three or four times for different reasons) :) Congrats!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,064 Member
    Options
    hell yeah that's awesome! good willpower!
  • dovesgate
    dovesgate Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    Good job!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!