Hello

Options
I've been using this site for a while to keep track of losing weight but wasn't sure whether to join the forum or not. I've been dieting for the first time in my life since July and have lost a total of 2 stone, but I've only been with My Fitness Pal for about 6 weeks I guess and have lost 10lbs since then.

I'd got to the stage where I wasn't really overly happy with my weight but wasn't sure what to do about it. I had stopped eating when I was younger and thought it may be too dangerous to diet. But I've managed to be sensible about it and haven't missed any meals and am actually quite proud of myself. I had got on the scales and I found I was nearly 14 stone which was quite frightening, my asthama was getting worse and I was really unfit. Then the final straw was when my Mum told me that I was getting quite a podge on me.

So I started to try and lose some weight. Like I say I've lost 2 stone in all, but only about 10lbs using My Fitness Pal. I've also been shopping for some new clothes this week and felt really happy that I'd gone down to a size 14 for the first time in years. (well in tops anyway.)

I find it really easy to count callories and I've really enjoyed getting back into swimming and getting fit. I'm not sure I feel any more healthy for being thinner but my asthama is a lot better than it was which really is great. I actually enjoyed shopping again for the first time in years. I still have at least a stone left to go and the more weight I lose the slower it seems to be coming off, but I am determind to lose at least another 1/2 stone and hopefull a whole stone.

Mandy

Replies

• monis01
    monis01 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Good luck in your weight loss! It can be a constant struggle, however we are worth the effort....:happy: