Anyone want to start C25K this week?

Options
Anyone interested in starting C25K this week? I don't want to do it alone LOL I know there is a another group that just started but they are going into week 2 and I really don't want to start out behind!

Replies

• deshaneman
    Options
    My wife and I are going to start it again. We tried it about 4 months ago, but she hurt her leg and had to quit.
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I am in the other group and I would still like to join you. I'm going to take it a bit slower since I'm a week 5 dropout.
  • newarkco05
    Options
    Yes! I printed out the schedule for it earlier today but I didn't want to do it alone... I asked my fiance and that was a big NO! I can hardly get him to walk with me, let alone do C25K.
  • Purestofhearts
    Options
    I'm in! I did a 5k walk/jog yesterday for diabetes. I would really like to be able to run it next year!
  • jennysmission
    jennysmission Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    Awesome I'm so excited...ive never made a post or done a group before so how do yall want to do it? A new thread for each week? or just 1 thread we use the whole time?

Im going to start W1D1 tomorrow!! Ive been doing some jogging treadmill work but still a bit nervous!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I'm in! I did a 5k walk/jog yesterday for diabetes. I would really like to be able to run it next year!

WTG!!!
  • nisijam5
    nisijam5 Posts: 10,390 Member
    Options
    I think one long thread is best...

Good luck to all of you starting!!!

I did W2D3 today and did not finish strong, I wil do an additional day for W2 on Tuesday. I dropped out before in W5 and learned that there's a difference between finishing a week and finishing a week strong
  • newarkco05
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow... I am going to do Monday, Thursday and Saturday. I am pretty excited about this...
  • jennysmission
    Options
    I am going to start tomorrow... I am going to do Monday, Thursday and Saturday. I am pretty excited about this...

Great!! I'm going to do Mon, Wed, and Fri might be Mon wed saturday I will have to decide I usually do zumba on friday mornings so I'm not sure if I wnat to do both of those on Fridays!!

I think Ill start a new THREAD tomorrow that will read C25K 10-10-11/12-11-11

Here we goooooo!!! WEEK 1 ready or not here we come!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Omg If you look at those dates that is sooooooooooooooooooo cool!!!
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Well I got my IPOD ready and podcast downloaded for tomorrow!!

If anyone is interested in a diff podcast then the norm and you like hip hop/pop type music let me know I can tell you where to download one from ....

See ya on the other side!!
  • calibri
    calibri Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Firing it up tomorrow morning! Kinda nervous. :laugh:
  • jennysmission
    Options
    Firing it up tomorrow morning! Kinda nervous. :laugh:

You and me both!! But we can do it!!
  • kamoira23
    kamoira23 Posts: 193
    Options
    i did my first day today!! well, technically i did one the end of last week, but i officially started it today! i'd love to join for support!!
  • eboot61
    eboot61 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I just joined the website today and would love to Join the C25K.. I have been thinking about doing this for a while and I do need some motivation....

Thanks
  • deshaneman
    Options
    there is a great C25K app for android that walks you through the weeks and even has a timer built in it. Awesome App. gonna use it tommorrow.
  • accidents
    accidents Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    count me in! i tried to start this in the past, but had an injury and never got back on track. i'm determined to make it work this time...did W1D1 last night!.
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    I'm starting W1D1 tomorrow, Wed and Fridays are not good so it will be Tuesday, Thursday and Saturday for me.

Please count me in!
  • MaManeenCal
    MaManeenCal Posts: 142 Member
    Options
    Hey! I acutally just did a search to see if anyone was doing this because I JUST started today! I'm so excited other people are doing it too! I have the app on my phone!

W1D1
    In the 30 minutes, I did 2.2 miles (and then walked another mile home). I did day one last week- just to see if I liked it and I had a much better time, but today I didn't want to work out and did it anyway- so I have to be proud of that! I'm hopefully going to be doing it every Mon, Wed, Friday- but my plan is to work out 6 days a week- so we'll see, I might possibly have to make it Monday, Wed, Sat.

If you stated a new thread, please let me know, if not... I guess we're threading this one!?

So how did everyone do????
  • jennysmission
    Options
    K sorry Ladies and Gent I started the new thread it is C25K 10-10-11/12-12-11

COME MEET US THERE!!!!!!!!!!!!